Gyrfalcon's Keep That's when you can build a bridge of light,
76 Posts
Ooc —
Private 
Settled closely beside the lake that centered the keep, Asvoria summoned @Solveig to join her.

It was unusual for the shieldmaiden to be too far, but on this quiet afternoon she had been.

But there were things to discuss.

Old Norse | Common Tongue
— —
Hover over text for unknown tongue translations.
Raventhorpe
Dróttning*
166 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Quietly, she moved like a beam of light drifting through the Keep. The summon had come for her, and she moved to answer her high priestess. Their pack’s claim worked well to their advantage- but patrolling it permitted only the strongest and fittest of wolves to rove the steep inclines and keep their markings fresh.

She panted lightly by the time she reached Asvoria, and dipped her head in greeting.
"Old Norse" | "Common Tongue"
76 Posts
Ooc —
They came without delay.

Skjaldmær, She greeted in their native tongue.

Sit. We must speak. A gentle offer, but not a request. They would speak now without hesitation.

— —
Raventhorpe
Dróttning*
166 Posts
Ooc — Jess
The Skjaldmær was quick to comply. She gave a nod of her head, and settled easily onto the ground.

Having spoken with Heph and Dreven and taken some time to mull over the Moon-named packs, she too had interest in sharing conversation. Now that they had solidified their claim, she felt it might be time to approach their neighbours-

- but it was Asvoria who had called her, and Solveig quietly gave space for the high priestess to speak first.
76 Posts
Ooc —
When Solveig had settled, the high priestess would speak again.

Over time, we have grown. But many are near us. I fear we haven't enough able bodies to protect us. 

Warriors for the sole purpose of violence was not their way. But as leader, it was her duty to be sure her clan was well protected. And as of now, Solveig and Dreven were all they had.

You have served as Skjaldmær for much time—and as warrior long before. The clan must grow more. We must find those willing. Of any, it is only you I trust to do this. To travel. To find those that would be one with them.

Do this task for me. And when you return, you will be Hásæti. The most respected of any warrior. For it was something she had earned through her time of service.

— —
Raventhorpe
Dróttning*
166 Posts
Ooc — Jess
She heard Asvoria’s concerns, and found herself echoing them. Having been greeted by a wolf who came from a legion of three sister-packs, she felt their tenure might be shaken if those packs were to spread again. They did not seem hostile- but they could put strain on the ecosystem if they remained close, like bunched nests. 

Asvoria wanted for her to rove, and find willing recruits. Solveig was no stranger to long journeys, so the physical aspect of travelling did not daunt her- it was the task of recruiting others that presented a challenge.

Solveig was an excellent warrior- and alongside other warriors she was amicable, relaxed, comfortable- but she knew she often struggled when meeting other wolves, or sharing space with those who were not also a Shieldmaiden. But to be Hásæti, she would need to exercise those skills. 

”I will do this.” she said, honoured that she would be chosen to do so. She bowed her head appreciatively. 

”I will seek out those worthy of becoming a part of our pack, and following the path given to us by the Gods.” She said. She would seek out those who embodied the virtues they valued- not only those who could become a Shieldmaiden as well.

”We should speak about the Moon packs as well. We were visited by an ambassador of Moontide. I think there would be value in learning more about them, and establishing some sort of relationship. I think it may be best to perhaps arrange for a meeting with their leader. There is one called Kukutux who comes from what seems to be the primary pack.” She said. ”I can go by their claim and seek conversation.” Solveig was an ambassador of sorts as well- but she believed that Asvoria should be the one to establish the boundaries, and that they should be done leader to leader.
76 Posts
Ooc —
Solveig was willing to do this. Asvoria was pleased, and it showed in her expression.

But there were other things on the shieldmaiden's mind.

Go first to find more for our clan. When you reach the place of the first moon pack, invite them to come. I will meet with this woman, Kukutux. If all goes well, the other two will come next. 

This was how it would be.

— —