Rattleskin Redoubt Quartz
114 Posts
Ooc — Meri
Away
Trade 
Meridian scoured the pass looking for treasure. Any gemstone or auspicious trinket would do for her shrine. Anything that reflected the sun's radiant light. She kept a vigilant eye out for the venomous serpents that called the canyon their home. 

On an outcrop, the coyote spotted a colorless, crystalline jewel. It would be easy enough to carry home, if she could reach it. Meridian jumped up on a rock, trying to reach her prize. It was just out of reach. The young priestess huffed in frustration. Perhaps someone not quite as small as her could fetch it?

Backdated to August 5th, all welcome! (preferably not packmates, but still AW)
IC ≠ OOC
As of now, my life is quite irregular, even more so than usual. I may post frequently for a few days, then go slow for weeks. I'll try my best to reply within two weeks. Some threads, such as ones with many participants, may take priority over others. Thank you for understanding!
40 Posts
Ooc — Pinto
Only over a short course of time by the ear of Tumbleweed, and Widower had already begun to busy herself.

With no treasures having been brought along from her journey, new ones would have to be found and sealed away for her own enjoyment. 

But what she did not expect, was this. A coyote flailing atop a stone to reach something. A treasure, perhaps? Maybe something worth bargaining for.

Or stealing for.

Approaching close, she watched until the little thing gave up. Something Widower would never do. But all had their own way of things.

You won't get it that way. She sunk to her hocks, squinting toward them. 
You're either on my side, 
by my side, 
or in my fucking way. 
Choose wisely.
114 Posts
Ooc — Meri
Away
Meridian turned around, looking for the source of the voice. She thought she could have seen her own shadow, but quickly identified it as another coyote. A darker one. Cursed shadow faithless! The other's words rattled her. Oh, and what do you suppose I should do? Fly to it? She sniffed disdainfully, making her frustration at everything around her clear as day. She could smell others on this interloper, and one particular scent stood out. She recalled the coywolf from not to long ago, the one who had fouled the oasis. Remind your friend not to go soiling water, would you. Perhaps this coyote had been a victim of his impudence, but Meridian couldn't care less.
IC ≠ OOC
As of now, my life is quite irregular, even more so than usual. I may post frequently for a few days, then go slow for weeks. I'll try my best to reply within two weeks. Some threads, such as ones with many participants, may take priority over others. Thank you for understanding!
40 Posts
Ooc — Pinto
Widower's lip quivered in defiance of this one's snide comment. She didn't take such well from others, but rather, preferred to be the one making them herself. It suited her better, she thought. 

Sure, if you have wings hidden somewhere within you. Voice a hiss, each word slithering across a burning tongue. Or you could stop flailing about as you are now and use a stick. Or has common sense evaded you? Two could play at this game.
by my side, 
or in my fucking way. 
Choose wisely.
114 Posts
Ooc — Meri
Away
Meridian bristled at the shadow's burning retort. Most usually cowered, ignored, or attacked at the spiritualist's spiteful comments. To her, it seemed as if she had met her match. The russet 'yote was determined to win this war of words. She cast a vigilant gaze across the canyon, no sticks, only stones. She met the other with the same venom in her voice. Is that so? The only stick I see is your flimsy puppy tail.
IC ≠ OOC
40 Posts
Ooc — Pinto
No sticks? What a shame. It appeared as though this one would be leaving empty handed. Oh well— more for Widower.

Perhaps you should have traveled better prepared. Blinking, she shrugged half heartedly, entirely disinterested in the loss this one would suffer. The finding they'd made was truly a beauty. What a pity that they would be missing out.
by my side, 
or in my fucking way. 
Choose wisely.
114 Posts
Ooc — Meri
Away
It became evident that she couldn't get it down by herself. Meridian felt disrespected by the Widower's claims. What she supposed to do, tie a stick to her tail and drag it around? An idea hit her. The shadow coyote was just a bit larger than herself, enough to reach the crystal. She was sure that the other would take it for herself, so Meridian's skills in the art of theft would be invaluable. Perhaps you should quit babbling and try to reach it yourself. Stepping down from the rock, she hid her intentions perfectly.
IC ≠ OOC
40 Posts
Ooc — Pinto
A suggestion to take the gem for herself, should she manage to get it down. But why, she thought, would this stranger be so amiable, willing to let it go without cost? 

No. It wasn't that easy. Nor was it easy to fool the Widower.

Nice try. She huffed, tail flicking back and forth a few times behind her. If you want it so bad, you'll have to get it for yourself. I collect for myself—not for others. And she wouldn't be fooled into doing it for this arrogant brat.

It would seem that this treasure would not yet be for her taking. Perhaps once the fool realized it was too far out of reach for them, Widower could return to claim it. But as for now, she would leave them to their wallowing.
by my side, 
or in my fucking way. 
Choose wisely.
114 Posts
Ooc — Meri
Away
Last from me!

Meridian lashed her tail angrily. It seemed the fellow trickster had seen through her plot. Unholy void. The sun glares down upon your presence! Without waiting for a response, she trotted away to find a stick, returning by nightfall to collect the precious stone. It wasn't something she would let fall into the paws of the dark coyote and her gang.
IC ≠ OOC