Lost Creek Hollow so you could sit there in this hurt
60 Posts
Ooc — hela
All Welcome 
She was feeling better but not one-hundred percent yet. She felt good enough to explore the territory. It was early in the morning, just after sunrise. The air was chilly and so was the dew that dampened her paws as she made her way toward the sound of a waterfall. She liked water and missed swimming. She had plans to get in the water a let the coolness sink into her skin and chase away the remaining pain from her wounds. They were scabbed over but they still ached, especially if she overdid it. She would be careful not to do that; she didn't want to mess up Ash Paw's good work.

When she found the water, she grew excited and wanted to run. She had to remind herself that she needed to take it easy. Plus running would only make her hurt more. When her paws were flush with the water, she paused for a few moments, lowering her head to take a drink. Swimming could wait a little while she took in the beautiful scenery around her. There were two waterfalls, which explained the sound that drew her here. The trees were various shades of brown, red, and orange. The reflection of the leaves in the water was striking. And it was quiet aside from the waterfall and the sound of birds. This was her favorite place so far.
93 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Mother had admitted somebody new to Riverclan, Shadowpup had discovered. They, too, had been permitted the rank of Fang without so much as an initiation or apprenticeship. This did not sit well with the star-kissed girl and so she trailed Aminthe in an attempt to take inventory of the new compatriot, herself.

She found her by the falls. Autumn was in full swing in the Lowcountry and every broad-leafed tree shimmered with hues of red, yellow, and orange. She spied the crimson-hooded woman taking a drink.

Ahem,” Shadowpup announced, head upright and proud.
60 Posts
Ooc — hela
Someone else was here. Aminthe turned to see a girl, a child. She looked proud and Aminthe couldn't help but smile at her. Her heart ached to think of the children back home who she didn't know yet. It was another reason for her to return home once she was feeling better. Maybe it would just be a visit. The hollow was growing on her, even if the pack was small. She was used to a large family, but small was nice too. 

Oh, hello, she greeted with a warm smile. I'm Aminthe. It's nice to meet you. She was polite and respectful. This was the girl's home and Aminthe was new to it. And she was so brave, approaching a stranger like she had. The seastar decided that she liked this girl a lot already.
93 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
The child’s posture was so formal that it could have been satirical. Shadowpup stood stiff with her front paws together and her snout tipped up into the air. She looked down at Aminthe with a bright but judgemental gaze. Though close-minded, the girl had a big imagination and pictured herself acting the way a perfect future clan leader would be.

“A pleasure,” Shadowpup replied, not yet decided if she liked this she-wolf or not. “My name is Shadowpup, but soon it will be Shadowpaw when I become an apprentice,” she explained. “You will receive a clan name too, if you deserve it.” Shadowpup squinted her eyes shrewdly.

“So, why have you joined our clan?” She asked curtly.
60 Posts
Ooc — hela
Aminthe wondered what her clan name might be. She hadn't realized she'd get one. Shadowpup and Shadowpaw both sounded like fitting names for the girl even without Aminthe knowing her. 

It was very cute how seriously the girl was taking this, but Aminthe would never say that out loud; she had a feeling Shadowpup wouldn't appreciate it. She wanted to know why Aminthe was here. She smiled warmly before she answered. I was injured by a cougar. Your healer, Ash Paw, helped me and in return, I joined the clan, she explained. 

What do you hope to learn when you're an apprentice?
93 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
It took all of Shadowpup’s strength to not break her haughty persona when Aminthe mentioned she had been attacked by a cougar, but her eyes grew big regardless.

Once upon a time, Ash Paw had once told her about cougars. Shadowpup imagined they looked like fairytale monsters - like wolves but short-faced with a long whip-tail and sickle-shaped claws. A small amount of respect for the newcomer was deposited into her proverbial bank.

“My mom is the best healer,” Shadowpup said proudly.

Then, when Aminthe posed a question the dark girl was more than happy to talk about herself. “Oh, I want to learn lots… but most of all I want to learn about Starclan.” Her chin tipped a little higher, then.
60 Posts
Ooc — hela
I would have to agree, she offered, though really, she thought her own mother was the best healer ever. She sensed that would be the wrong thing to say here. It was easy to agree anyway because Ash Paw really was an excellent healer. She had saved Aminthe's ass, that's for sure. 

Shadowpup said she wanted to learn lots of things, which was admirable. It was nice to see a young one so thirsty for knowledge. She also brought up something called Starclan, which piqued Aminthe's interest even more. Starclan? What's that? she asked, eyebrows pulled together a little in curiosity.