Big Salmon Lake the sore feet song.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
@Blue Willow <3 Set for a couple days ago since Fin's making it home today, hope that's okay?

If there was one thing that Fin was confident in, it was the fact that she was never going to get home. Like. Ever. Not that she was going to die on her journey. More so that she was just going to collapse somewhere and never move again. Every muscle in her body was sooooo mad at her for what she was doing to it, but the Blackthorn was well aware that there was little in point in resting for a while and allowing her body to continue to heal. Partly because it was too dangerous for her to be out in the wild on her own as weak as she was, but mostly because she was too impatient and needed someone there constantly to tell her to quit moving if she was ever going to... well, quit moving.

Fin approached the shores of the lake to lap at the water greedily. The frigid liquid burned her parched throat, but that didn't stop her from gulping it down. She lifted her head after a moment and allowed herself to drop onto her haunches with a whimper of pain. She knew at least that she was getting closer, although it comforted her little as she stared across the cool, clear surface of the lake and thought bitterly to herself that it wasn't Lake Rodney, and thus, it was stupid.

Do not mistake my kindness for weakness, I am stronger than you know.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
It had taken Blue a few days to leave the confines of the Plateau in search of Finley, and she feared the trail would go cold. Not to mention that she had to stop at regular intervals to rest her fatigued self and throw up in the bushes. Not a good time to be hunting down another when she was just starting her pregnancy, and she hoped it would not cause ramifications later. She held tight to the belief that her mother had traveled with her and she had been fine, so her children would be too.

Finally, Blue came across a break in the trail and she added some much needed zest to her step. Finley! Oh Thank goodness. She made it to the edge of the lake and lay down heavily. I'm so glad I found you Finley, I'm so sorry you got chased away, please let me help you get home? Are you okay? Are you in much pain? I brought some herbs to help dull it, I can't give you anything to make you sleep, but it can dull it at least. She regurgitated words at a rapid pace, and then lay panting tired and sore and queasy.
Hello Everyone. It's been forever.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Fin jumped when suddenly Blue Willow's voice cried out seemingly out of no where. She winced as she spun to see the dark wolf moving swiftly towards her, rapidly firing a waterfall of words from her mouth. The Blackthorn stared in surprise, barely following and in truth, not really certain how to react at all except to just watch and wait for her to run out of energy.

"Are you sure you don't need those herbs instead?" Fin asked finally, tilting her head as her friend slumped to the ground. She wasn't overly concerned with the whole Plateau and Caldera war or whatever it supposedly was. Fin had a habit of paying little attention to what juvenilles said, even those who weren't as batshit crazy as she believed Junior and all the rest of Peregrine's children to be.

1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue chuckled at the wide eyed stare she was given. She supposed it was probably strange to see a wolf speaking as fast as she. Also to see a wolf from the pack that had a juvenile, basically just throw you to the dogs so to speak.

Blue smiled and shook her head, swiping pink tongue across black muzzle. No I'm fine I took some ginger for my own ailments, not much else i can do for that. Are you okay really? I'm sorry that Junior did that to you it was not kind and we did not tell her too. She decided to take matters into her own hands.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Was she okay? There was a loaded question to be sure. But Fin wasn't about to let on to the clearly ill healer that she only moments before had been debating on whether or not to just pitch herself into the lake and be done with the whole thing.

"I'm alright, it's leaving a little sooner than expected, but I'll survive," Fin replied, "And I long ago accepted that Junior is frickin' nuts, so I didn't take any of that to heart, I promise. I know that nothing's changed with our packs." She gave the woman a kind smile, unaware of whatever affection Blue had for the kid and how she might feel about Fin's comments on her. Also completely unaware that things actually had changed between their homes.

1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue would not have been thrilled with such a cavalier attitude of taking one's own life. Not that Finley would know that Junior had tried to do just that. She wouldn't have been able to explain it either.

Blue tried not to wince at the words that Finley had spoken, because the truth was it had changed. Not badly and they were still welcome in neutral territory, but not on the land. Though Finley had been the exception being as hurt as she was. I do not think crazy as much as emotional is the right term, but who knows we shall see in time. She did not say anything about the change, because she was still a little confused about it and had to have some things clear before she spoke to another about it. Though she would have to speak to Perry too.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
To Fin, "crazy" and "emotional" sounded an awful lot like the same word, but she kept that to herself, not wanting to argue with Blue when she seemed to be so uncomfortable. It as pretty clear that Fin apparently had missed something during the time she'd spent with the Plateau wolf, although what it was, she had no idea (which was just plain ridiculous).

"Are you alright?" Fin asked finally, "You seem... I dunno, kind of sick." She seemed exhausted, which Fin supposed could easily have been because she'd traveled so far. And she was a little green around the gills, like she was nauseous or something... Now that she thought about it, she could only conclude one thing... Blue had caught Junior's crazy-fever.

Clearly it was the only explanation possible.

1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue chuckled and dipped her muzzle Oh I'm fine I'm pregnant is all. When Atticus left well even before when he had gotten hurt. Lasher had offered me a chance to have something I always wanted which was children. I had told him no originally, but then Atticus left again and I decided that if I couldn't have the love of my life i'd turn love towards little ones that I bore. So we entered into a parenting partnership so to speak. She looked down for a moment, not ashamed in the least with her decision or her way of telling the she wolf in front of her about it.

She furrowed her brow for a moment debating whether or not to ask her to keep it to herself. She spoke again quietly Please don't tell a ton of wolves I'm expecting. I don't want to jinx it. I will tell them once I am sure I am through the first part of the pregnancy and no chance of miscarry.

Blue grew quiet again and looked Finley over, looking for any open wounds or anything. Making sure that she had not completely ripped open her wounds again.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Fin was surprised by Blue's announcement, especially when the surprises just kept coming. Lasher was the puppy daddy? Lasher who liked laying down and scooting his tail to the side so that another dude could (insert white noise and bleeping sounds here). It wasn't surprising that Lasher would make such an offer. He was Lasher. If a friend had wanted it, he probably would've slapped a diaper on himself and started nursing right there. And she supposed it wasn't surprising on Blue's part either. Her zombie man had left her and the woman seemed like she'd been born a mom, so it was only right that she have kids. So... Yeah, actually, she guessed all of that actually did make sense.

"Your secret's safe with me," Fin replied with a smile and a wag of her tail, "Congratulations are in order then, eh?" More questions about her pregnancy and her and Lasher's plans and hopes and expectations came flooding into her mind, but suddenly there was only one thing she wanted to know.

"Wait, what on earth are you chasing me down for if you've got babies in there??" Fin barked just as soon as the concern dawned on her. She could appreciate Blue's concern for her patients, but honestly, she wasn't worth this! This was about as dumb as someone attacking bears for fun I can't think of anything to replace that with.

1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
OMg I was crying from the Perry/Blue thread and then went straight into laughing hysterically with Finley

Blue thought their arrangement made a good deal of sense, not a ton of sense. A good deal though, that was for sure. Blue had always wanted to be a mom and this way she got what she wanted and she didn't have to forget about ATticus.

Blue smiled and wagged her tail in return. Thank you very much. Finley was the second wolf that didn't even bother her. Dante had been the first, even Perry had some reservations, though his Blue imagined were mostly personal.

Blue shifted her weight I wanted to make sure you were okay and apologize for Junior she acted badly. It was upsetting and I didn't want you to get infected on your way home. And since i'm the only healer it was me who followed, because I would be able to care for you if it had gotten infected.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Lol I'm glad she could cheer you up! Also, I hope that you're feeling better today, no tummy hurties!

Fin listened as Blue Willow responded, none of her words at all surprising, but thoroughly endearing. She shook her head fondly, marvelling how she could possibly be so selfless. She was going to need to knock that off if she was going to be a mom, though. Taking care of her kids meant taking care of herself as well. Kids would always go first, but Blue needed to be a close second if they were going to grow into healthy happy adults.

Or such was the bullshit she'd feed to herself so that one day if, god forbid, she ever had kids, she could continue being selfish as all getout.

"That's sweet of you, Blue, but I think you need to get home," Fin replied, "I'm alright really, and there are no hard feelings for what Junior did. I've self-medicated before, I can get myself to the Caldera alright. You need to go home and lay down for like.. a couple months. And then just keep laying down, 'cause kids like crawling on stuff and I know how great of jungle gyms moms make."

1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
[size=x-small]No i'm good, that was the problem still is the problem and why they can't figure out what is wrong. I'm fine for days and then i'll wake up in the middle of the night with a blinding pain, it's frustrating and hurtful.[/size]

Blue knew she would need to put a lot of things on the back burner for her children, even healing. Which was disappointing, but she would do the best she could for these children and if it meant that well so be it. This time though Finley needed followed, and apologies needed said.

Blue laughed at the girls words and dipped her muzzle I'll at least watch from afar, before I turn towards home. But thank you for understanding and here's some herbs i brought for you. She moved the bundle she had carried, tiny but it would do the job.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
:( Well I hope it never comes back ever and you don't have to worry about it ever again

Fin herself couldn't imagine ever having children. She'd probably get them killed after a week, either by getting them into trouble or doing something crazy with them. Like getting bored and deciding to see if they innately knew how to swim. Or if they bounced. Yes, puppies were probably not for her, at least not any time in the near future.

She quirked a brow and gave her friend a suspicious look as she mentioned watching "from afar". "I hope you mean far like... from here far..." Fin warned, clearly not actually threatening, but hoping the woman would listen nonetheless, "And if not.. Well, just make sure I can't see you so I can naively believe that you're safely at home." She shook her head with a fond smile. She leaned down to sniff at the bundle, recognizing many of the plants and herbs there.

"Thanks, Blue, for everything you've done for me," Fin said, stepping towards her to nuzzle her muzzle against a dark cheek, "I asked Junior to send my gratitude, but I have a feeling that didn't happen, so please, tell Lasher too that I said thanks."

1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue quirked a brow and smiled Very well My friend i'll stay behind so you can't see me and can continue on without guilt. Blue nodded you are welcome any time you need my healing abilities please let me know and no Junior did not pass on the message, but thank you. She returned the nuzzle and then sat to her haunches to allow Finley a head start. Blue would follow, because that was how she was, but she would honor their agreement and stay back so that the other did not know she was there.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Fin knew better than to truly believe that Blue wouldn't follow her, so really she probably should have just accepted the woman's company. But the truth was she was a little weary of company of any sort. The Blackthorn had a bit of an independent streak about her and while she truly had appreciated everything her friends at the Plateau had done for her, she was ready to rely on herself again. She had accepted far too much of their kindness, and she did not like to feel herself to be too much of a burden on others, nor did she necessarily enjoy the feeling of needing anyone but herself.

She whined an affectionate farewell to Blue before pulling herself up and continuing her journey. She knew Blue would be good enough to give her a head start, and this she was determined to make it as far of one as possible in hopes that maybe the woman would turn back and return home where she and her precious cargo would be safe.