ponis para todos!
So they shipped me off to the orphanage, said "ditch those roots if you wanna fit in".
182 Posts
Ooc — summer
Onyx was sleeping on the shore and dreaming. She dreamed of all the wolves standing by the river, and all of them were looking in: Raven, Dust, Jarl Ragnar, Alpha Ypres, Thistle Cloud, Crow, Ash, Majesty, Charon, and Silvermame. And suddenly the river reached up and grabbed them all. It pulled them all under, and Onyx rushed over to save them. But their bodies were already washed away, as well as whatever they'd been staring at. She woke up as the dream popped like a bubble. No! She didn't want everyone to drown.
Of ice and fire I have been made. Of ice and fire I will be saved.
32 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
Dijax had ventured north of the Spine to see for himself what the raven told him. The Pacific was all he had on his mind for days since his encounter with her. He knew time was ticking. He knew he had to take action. He would speak with Mordecai, soon.

As he approached the sandy shores, his heart beat quickened. It was not close to his home, but the vast ocean was shared by his island, and just the thought of... there had to be a leeway. Dijax's eyes searched over the choppy yet beautiful waters of the ocean. The air was saltier, and every inhalation he took, the more familiar it became.

Suddenly, a black figure jumped up next to the near shore. Dijax did not jump, for although he was a little startled, the sturdy thing stayed on his feet easily. The wolf that raised seemed to have woken up. Perhaps from a nightmare. "Hello," the Russian spoke. His accent was thinning out. "Have I woken you?," he asked, afraid he did so.
So they shipped me off to the orphanage, said "ditch those roots if you wanna fit in".
182 Posts
Ooc — summer
Standing nearby was a white wolf with a black stripe going down his spine and orange eyes. "No sir. Not because of you." She said quietly. Onyx was a little afraid of him, in fact, he didn't smell like Stavanger Bay, but he wasn't threatning her. "Hi, I'm Onyx. What is your name?" She said with a small smile and a friendly wag of her tail. She had been nice to that Kierkegaard even though he'd scared her, but he hadn't been that bad at all. He'd been nice to her. Although it was true that Onyx was usually scared of all men that she came across at first.
32 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
He had not, in fact, scared the slender she-wolf. As he approached closer to her, he noticed vibrant blue eyes belonged to her face. "I am Dijax Kedrov," he replied, dipping his head in return to her tail wag. "Please, call me Dijax," he said.

Looking around the beach, he spotted an island quite far away. Could that, perhaps, be the first island of the chain? Dijax strained his eyes further, a spark of hope igniting in his chest that he immediately killed the second he noticed it. No. It could not be, He was not far enough north.

Dijax noticed he had not had the courtesy to ask of the female's name, so he reverted his attention to her. "And yours?," he asked. He could explore further, later. He could talk for a little bit.
182 Posts
Ooc — summer
"Nice to meet you, Dijax. I'm Onyx." She repeated. She had told him the first time but perhaps he had forgotten or hadn't yet been listening to her. She watched as his eyes were set upon her once-home for a moment. "That's Wheeling Gull Isle. I used to live there with my pack, but the alpha died, so we disbanded." She explained to him. She knew it was highly unlikely that anyone was really interested in her history, but it wouldn't hurt to tell someone. That was basically the last four or five months of her life summed up in a few sentences.
32 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
The girl observed he had been looking elsewhere. Wheeling Gull Isle... It was a weird name, and he didn't bother attempt repeating the words. It would sound very unnatural coming out of his mouth and he'd had enough of speaking English.

It seemed that the ebony wolf's pack hadn't travelled too far, unless Onyx was re-visiting faded memories. "Where do you reside now?," he asked. It was a fair amount of forwardness, but he was trying to make conversation, and questions never hurt.

Dijax had never had the problem of relocating back home. There were volcanoes on his island, and they erupted quite rarely, but those off of the island and further east erupted very often, causing earthquakes across the island. But the Litke wolves knew how to deal with them. They could tell they were coming on the forehand, and they'd been dealing with them for years.
182 Posts
Ooc — summer
"I'm in Stavanger Bay, led by Ragnar, over that direction." She pointed her muzzle further down the beach, where the Bay was. "Are you in a pack?" She asked him. He did smell like other wolves but she couldn't be sure. She wondered where he might be from and if it was any different than the beach. The truth was in all her life, she'd only ever seen a few types of terrain. Beach, Ocean, Forest, and small mountains, kind of just large hunks of stone sticking up from the ground.
32 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
"Litke, but I am a guest to Ouroboros Spine," Dijax replied, musing if she would be interested in the Spine's hospitality whilst looking in the direction Onyx had pointed to. He could smell her pack, but he looked anyway. He wanted to travel in the opposite direction, but there was another challenge to encounter there.

The male moved so that his nose pointed North, up the shores. He could smell another pack residing over there, but undeniably different to the one Onyx was speaking of. "And do you know which pack resides over there?," he asked, looking at the small girl. This would be his last question on his surroundings; he wasn't sure there was more she could tell him, and his questions were preventing a light-hearted conversation.
182 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ourborous Spine. She hadn't heard of them, little did she know they were the Silvertippers once upon a time that her pack, Wheeling Gull Isle, had been at war with. "That's Ankyra Sound. They like girls more than boys. They make boys do the work." She said, her tone obviously disapproving. Choosing one gender over another... That wasn't nice! Even if Onyx was a girl. That was too picky of them. Maybe that wasn't the right word but that was what Onyx thought of first.

Text Speech

32 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
[size=x-small]Wanna wrap this up? :)[/size]

A nasally snicker escaped Dijax at the charcoal woman's comment. He'd never heard of a sexist pack, only those towards the fairer sex, and if he wanted to find a way back home... well, this new gender rule would make it a generous amount more difficult. A challenge he predicted, a challenge he expected.

The conversation came to a dead end at that, so Dijax prepared to leave. "Well, Onyx, I am sure that by the end of the day both genders have shown tenacity, some more than others," he said, accompanied by a soft smile. "It was nice meeting you." He dipped his head, and without delay he parted to return to the Spine.

The weather was mildly crappy at this time of year, as they were expecting snowfall. The days showed a continual drop of temperature, but not nearly as glacial as the Peninsula. It was biting and cruel, but Dijax could not want anything more than to go home.
182 Posts
Ooc — summer
"You as well, Sir Dijax. Goodbye!" She said with a sweet little smile, before turning away. He hadn't been mean, that was really good. Some wolves were mean or just grumpy. Jarl Ragnar was grumpyish. She began to wander off with a slow walk, occasionally tripping up on her own long legs, but never stopping her journey towards nothing.

Text Speech