Forest child ( joining )
<div align="center";>veni, vidi, vici</div>
8 Posts
Ooc — Deia
With weary eyes she had watched the sun set on the day before, a nagging ache in her gut. Soon, the girl reminded herself, soon. Sleep had been restless, too much anxiety and excitement filled the lass. With sparkling eyes she had watched the sun set on a new day, a new chance, a new adventure. On this particular day she had plans, life-changing plans. Ideas raced through her mind, it was the sunrise she was waiting for. Rising to her paws, the yearling did not bother to stretch or bask in dawn's light. Instead she began the trek, energy as boundless as always.

Soon a scent hit her delicate charcoal nostrils, an aroma she had been awaiting. Faintly mingled with the scents of prey was a marker, a border marker. Trot speeding to a jog, her fluid strides tensed. Not with worry or hostility, in fact the opposite. Finally, she was there, near the southeastern border. Backing up a few yards, she seated herself slowly, scanning the area with vibrant emerald orbs. Letting out a contented sigh she sat back, posture lessening only slightly and ears still perked, but the rest of her body displaying semi-casual, relaxed submission. After all, she didn't want to blow her chance.

After a few seconds of impatience, she raised her maw into the air, letting out a crisp and clear howl to alert those in the lands of her presence. When her muzzle fell back to it's normal position, Eunoia realized the new maturity in her vocals. It was deeper, clearer, fresher, hard to explain. But the change was there, no longer was she a youth, but a yearling. Of course adulthood was still far off, and mentally she was not very close, but it energized her further to hear the newness of her voice. How long had it been there? Alone, she had few to talk to, perhaps a while. If all went well, she wouldn't be alone, not anymore.
Do not mistake my kindness for weakness, I am stronger than you know.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue was restless as her time came closer and neared it's beautiful yet ugly head. After all Childbirth was both a wonderful yet scary thing. She did not have long now, mere days really then those sweet little living things in her belly would make their debut. So it was with those thoughts that she carefully wound her way through the territory to the border.

With large barrel like belly and eyes full of both mirth and a bit of fatigue she ambled slowly. A new scent teased her nostrils another wolf was nearby. However, she was far to tired to add anymore pep to her step, so she continued at her slow walk, but she did hold her head higher, her shoulders back and her ears perked forward. The howl shot through the air soon after that.

She continued on and came upon a large girl of stature with eyes to rival her own. She tilted an ear back and then forward and spoke softly, You called? What brings you to the Plateau?
Hello Everyone. It's been forever.
271 Posts
Ooc — Mini
do you mind me? :)
Oh blue you beated me to it :( haha
Editing to fit Blue's entrance

The Plateu was thriving. Even after the nasty fiasco with the Caldera and the pain it brought with, not only to the pack as a whole but to the silver Ollivander specially, it seemed that the pack was again flourishing. Hopefully so would Finn's spirit.

It would be a lie to say he was completely fine. But it would also be a lie to say that he wouldn't recover in time. Because timing was everything right? At this time for example, the silver Delta slept soundly, coiled up against the side of a tree refusing to take a den even at this time of the year.

Suddenly a howl broke into his ears, slipping into his dream and waking him from it. He awoke brusquely, not knowing who or what was waiting at the border but itching to find out. With his tail held at a neutral level and his ears swiveling impatiently on top of his head he arrived, noticing that the Plateau's expecting mother had also been lured by the strangers call. This caused Finn's tail to raise in alertness, as much as Blue loved welcoming bodies into the Plateau, she had to think of her unborn children welfare first.

At first the sight of her roused confusion into his mind, he thought he recognized that platinum figure, but the eyes didn't match who he thought she was so quickly he buried that thought and positioned himself beside the Healer. Despite not having more than a formal acquaintanceship he also cared for her and her babies -- in a nerve wrecking sort of way. this are Blacktail Deer Plateau borders, how may I help? He barked not realizing Blue had already asked that question, his own olive eyes sparkling with interest at her.

8 Posts
Ooc — Deia
After mere moments an unfamiliar scent wafted into her nostrils, a small grin spreading on her maw. Most likely this would be her chance, the stranger certainly smelled of the lands. Soon a heavy, perhaps pregnant, woman approached. The lass was adorned in a dark coat, an unfamiliar color to the lass. Most at home had been either cream, tan, or grey, it reminded her of the she-wolf who had taken her in those lonely months. But the sharp green eyes on the fem told her they were not the same, these eyes belonged to a foreigner, a new creature and personality to discover.

No matter her desire to study the new face more, Eu was not one to keep others waiting. Without thinking she straightened to a normal posture, inhaling sharply before beginning. But before she could begin, another creature broke the silence. He resembled her father, but once again the eyes on the stranger displayed that she was not in the presence of family members. "Yeah, I was hoping to join the Plateau." Her words came out as a bright chirp, excitement difficult to contain. Despite attempts to keep herself still, the silver and alabaster child could not help but fidget in place.

With her purpose out of the way, Eunoia began to study the male that had approached. Platinum, as her sire was, but with a lighter mask and darker tail. She remembered Bacchus by his striking yellow orbs, which the brute in front of her certainly lacked. And her father had a burlier build, with a much longer pelt. Still the yearling could not help but linger over their similarities, and an ache for them resurfaced. No matter how hard she tried, the girl could not push it away. It was as if she could get over all else, except for the lack of family. Did they miss her? She hoped so.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue was not aware of what was going on between their packs Delta and the Caldera's Beta. She actually had never had a full conversation with the light pelted delta in front of her. She probably should have and she was ashamed that she hadn't. She would have to rectify this.

Blue had not been planning on meeting a stranger at their borders. She had been merely on a walk trying to cease the restlessness that thrummed through her blood. She was becoming so close to her birthing that her body was trying to prepare for it, and it was causing undue unrest inside the blue black healer. She shifted and allowed Finn to take the reins. It was her decision in the end if the girl was added to their ranks, but he could certainly do the questioning.

She was quiet for a moment and then spoke softly What can you add to our ranks?
271 Posts
Ooc — Mini

To be completely honest, Finn didn't know what was -- or had been -- going on either. It had been like a wild roller coaster ride that instead of being thrilling had ended up mixing up the contents of his stomach. But it was not his relationship with the wolves of the Caldera or any other pack in the Teekon Wilds what they were here to discuss.

With his gaze still lingering curiously on the strangers face he brought his body onto a sitting position, suspecting the conversation would be a long one. He did not fail to notice that the female was also peering at him, her bright green eyes settling on his face from time to time. It was then that the Beta's next question broke him out of his thoughts, making him snap his gaze away as he turned to Blue, his attention falling onto the pronounced curvature of her stomach before turning back to the potential joiner.

And what's your name, first of all?,
If the pack was to have new puppies running around soon they needed to be extremely selective when opening their gates to strangers, he thought as he awaited for the girls answer, his mind suspecting she would make a nice addition if she played her cards right

8 Posts
Ooc — Deia
For many days she had been pondering the group, after hearing about a pack from nearby loners. Their lands sounding promising, though she had not stuck around long enough to find out about those who called the area home. So far they seemed fairly docile, but other than that the girl did not know what to make of them. Though the female who had approached seemed softer, the male intrigued the girl much more. Perhaps it was just his eyes, or the traits he and her father shared, but Eu was pretty sure that there was something curious to him, perhaps something that she would later find.

"What can you add to our ranks?" The inquiry brought back times of peace, memories of her mentor and the Ceremony of Blood. Most of the pack already thought they knew what the girl planned to become, and they were most certainly correct in their assumptions. At the ceremony for the first time she had her parent's attention alone, instead of it being shared amongst her five siblings. Though they had not smiled, their eyes had glimmered with pride. Thoughts of her past only made the ache stronger, forcing the yearling to ward them off. No matter how pleasant, it was unlikely for her to experience moments again.

Done with reminiscing, her vibrant orbs regained their vigor. A new opportunity had just risen, and the two strangers were her chance at a new life. At the male's comment, she suddenly realized that she had forgotten to state her name. "Oh, uh my name's Eunoia. I was taught to be a hunter at an early age, and have pretty decent herbal knowledge. I guess I could also carry messages, I can travel really fast." Eagerness and excitement caused her words to come up quickly, as if she would forget them if she waited too long. Relief washed over her as soon as the words escaped, and she impatiently awaited the next inquiry.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue thought about it and truth be told despite the other packs around, theirs was one of the strongest. It was also one of the ones to be around the longest. It filled her with a sense of pride for a moment as she thought about it.

Blue had no family left blood anyway at least around. Her brothers and their children were scattered to the winds. She missed them and wished them well. She loved them and hoped they were doing well. She would have liked for them to see the lives she was bringing forth, maybe someday.

Well Met Eunoia. Those are good skills. I myself am an adept healer, and I am always happy to add another to our ranks. I am also always willing to offer my knowledge for teaching if you like? If you want to be an actual healer rather than dabble in it? She listened to the other trades. She knew they needed gamekeepers, but deciding that she should include Finn she spoke again. What do you think Finn? Do we have need for another aspiring gamekeeper and outrider? Since I know you are our resident Outrider as is Saena.
271 Posts
Ooc — Mini

It was not a secret that the absorbing feeling of curiosity he had for the female flowed both ways. As the two grayscale wolves shot furtive glances at one another whilst listening to the pregnant Healer in between, he wondered what might have driven her from wherever up she had come from. Though Finn specially was not one that like to dwell in the past he knew that it were these untold stories what built up what was inside each's heart.

He rested his eyes on hers for only a brief second, still holding his gaze there slightly longer than during the previous times, his olive eyes trying to connect with her own as she pronounced her name, the syllables slurred due to the female's excitement. At the list of her abilities, Finn swiveled his ears forward, his slightly curved smile betraying his thoughts.
There'd be a new face in the Plateu.

I think you'll make a nice addition, I am an aspiring Gamekeeper myself, He barked first referring to the female directly before turning his head to answer to his superior's question, I believe so, we could always use another, He answered, his lips drawing back into a wolfish grin.

Being what he'd like to think as close to the pack's Alpha as well as an acquaintance to the Beta male, he could be fairly confident there would be no issues accepting the female into the ranks, especially because they needed new bodies in order to help feed the upcoming litter, even if those new bodies would demand to be fed to. Like the strange female, Finn had also arrived to the Plateau when there were pups among the ranks, and despite never having a remarkable interaction with any he liked to think he had been able to contribute to their necessities by simply helping to feed the pack.

8 Posts
Ooc — Deia
Even more excitement welled up at fem's words, and the thought of a tutor elated her. But when the need for her other tasks, especially that of gamekeeper, was questioned, the doggishly-marked yearling sagged a bit. All of her life had been dedicated to the role, or as they seemed to call it here, the 'task'. Would they not permit her to pursue it? Worry drained even more excitement, clear in her expression. Willing herself to speak, she gave a nod. "Yeah, if you could teach me more that'd be great." After all, herbs from the new lands were likely different from those from her previous home.

As the grayscale male spoke, an obvious boost of confidence overtook the lass. "I think you'll make a nice addition, I am an aspiring Gamekeeper myself," At least she could be fairly confident that the task she had been training for her whole life would be one she could also pursue in the plateau. Holding back many words of appreciation, Eu gave a brief and perhaps accidentally curt nod, too exhilarated to speak. The small grin which had vanished when the heavy beta had questioned the need and value of her task reappeared, larger than ever, directed at the platinum male before her.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue saw the girl sag slightly and she felt bad. She hadn't meant to make her feel bad. She had been merely trying to include Finn in the conversation and that was the easiest way she could think to do it. I will gladly teach you. And perhaps you can show some of the other aspiring gamekeepers your own tricks of the trade?

Blue shook her head, the girl was clearly enthralled with her pack mate. Well then I think you will make a wonderful addition to our ranks Eunoia. I think that you will do well as both a healer and a gamekeeper. You will have to search me out soon just so Ican get to know you. I'm afraid soon enough though I will be having pups to take up my time, but none the less I would like to get to know you. Finn will you be so kind as to show Eunoia around? I'm feeling a bit tired. She offered them both a smile and waited quietly.
271 Posts
Ooc — Mini

Regardless of the intentions of the questions made or the answers given, Finn was delighted to see that through out the conversation the potential recruit's desires of making herself part of the Plateau never faltered. Even with the evident discouragement she showed at Blue's initial question she was quick to bounce back, this time brighter than before, with a pleased smile that was inevitably mirrored by Finn's own features.

And we could show you ours , He chimed when the Beta suggested she could share her own techniques and hunting tricks with the other Gamekeepers. Finn might not sport the title of a fledged Gamekeeper yet but he had certainly more than one trick up his sleeve. If she was wanted and was wiling to, he'd be sure to arrange a small hunt for them.

Meanwhile he'd be glad to oblige to Blue's suggestion.
I'll be happy to -- if you want to go rest, Blue, I can manage He barked with a sage nod as his eyes fluttered briefly back to Eunoia. Though he had no experience whatsoever with pregnant females he truly hoped the female would take his suggestion -- after all, as one of the pack's longest standing members and current Delta she had nothing to worry about.