Redhawk Caldera Somewhere in my car
527 Posts
Ooc — Sydney
Somnia chuckled at the ridiculousness of Elwood's mistake. (Or more likely Kim's typo?) "I think you mean Godmother." She stated, a more natural grin falling upon her face. The idea of Finley being one of the Alpha's parents - which would be the requirement for her to be a grandmother of the pups - was completely absurd! Wasn't Peregrine almost twice as old as Finley? Fox also seemed to be within a year of Finley when it came to age.

Not only that, but the idea of Finley settling down somewhere and becoming a mother in itself was absurd. Not that Finley was a terrible wolf for that, she would probably make a good mother after she wasn't den-bound for a month after birth. It was just the idea that Finley would probably teach the pups how to hunt bears and other dangerous sports that biased her opinion.
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
Hahaha, good call! That was totally a typo, but let's roll with it... :D

"No, no, I meant grandmother," Elwood insisted as soon as he realized his mistake. It had been a simple slip of the tongue, but it was something that he could turn into a joke. And he was always looking for any excuse to tease Finley. He laughed out loud, then admitted, "Okay, yeah, I meant to say godmother. But now I think it would be hilarious to call her grandmother...or better yet, granny."

Maybe this would be Elwood's chance to get Finley back for telling the rest of the pack that he liked to be called Twiggy. It was likely that she wouldn't take nearly as much offense to the nickname as he was hoping, but he could still poke fun at her in the meantime.
527 Posts
Ooc — Sydney
Somnia laughed as Elwood first insisted that he meant it, and then agreeing that it had been a mistake, albeit a funny one. "That would be hilarious! Maybe you could get the pups to call it. The nickname could stick for a while if they're disoriented on whether to call her Fin or Granny and we shove them in the wrong direction." Okay, maybe disorienting the pups was a bad idea, but that same idea included pulling a friendly prank on her friend! Who didn't like that?

Well, it was unlikable if the prank got way out of hand, but this particular prank would be the same as giving her a nickname that she probably wouldn't like. It wasn't like any physical harm would be done. Furthermore, Finley didn't seem like the type of wolf who would get offended by it.
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
"Granny Fin," Elwood chuckled, tasting out the nickname. Oh, he would have too much fun with this one, that was for sure. And Finley would be so annoyed! This didn't quite compare to the Twig debacle, but it would at least playfully ruffle her feathers a bit, especially if he didn't tell her about it and the pups just started calling her "granny" out of the blue.

With a sigh, his laughter subsided and he looked to Somnia. "So what are you up to today?" he asked, wondering if there was a task -- like a hunt or maybe some preparatory caretaking duties -- that he could accompany her on.
527 Posts
Ooc — Sydney
What had Somnia been doing before encountering Elwood? She had to think about it for a moment before remembering. "I think I was just looking for something to do. Looking for prey, predators, and friends, you know? Deal with whichever I found first accordingly. You were making a cache, right? Maybe I could help you fill it up?" Somnia suggested. She was up to hunting if Elwood was. If not, they could always fool around a little more before going separate ways.
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
This will be my last post -- I'm thinking we should have another thread soon. :)

Somnia reminded him of what he had been doing in the first place, and Elwood nodded. Yes, she was right -- he had been building a cache within the rocky embrace of the mountainside. "Oh, yeah, I'd love some help here," he said, rising and turning back to the cavern's gaping mouth.

He slipped inside once more, pressing himself against the back wall to allow room for Somnia to at least peek inside. "I was digging here..." he said, indicating the lopsided hole that he had unearthed before she arrived. Presumably, she would be eager to help him, and the two friends would set to work finishing the construction of the cache.
527 Posts
Ooc — Sydney
Somnia stepped in to look at the new cache. Silently, she tried to calculate how much small game it would take to fill it. After that, she stepped back outside. The majority of her day would be spent hunting with Elwood to fill it up as much as they could. It was a good thing they both enjoyed hunting!