The Smoke-Colored Mountains
<font style="font-family:helvetica; font-size:12.5px; color:#4B0082;">Each of us can only deal with what’s in front of us.</font><p><I>Avatar by STEVIE!! :)</i>
561 Posts
Ooc — Sam
Hawkeye sat on the edge of her newly claimed lands. She stared outward from the plateau, toward the smokey mountains that bordered Neverwinter Forest. Her eyes trailed downward to the hot springs, a place she liked to watch for wolves of all shapes and sizes; the curious creatures seemed to be drawn to the hot-springs. Hawkeye treasured the panoramic view that the high-up rock gave her.

On a whim, Hawkeye climbed down the crag to drink from the river. Fresh water would add even more enjoyment to the chilly day. A light rain picked up once more as she began her journey down to the clear stream. She briefly thought of her pack, deciding that a quick drink would do, then back to business.
set by sophie
<!-- HTML Codes by Quackit.com --><span style="font-family:Helvetica;font-size:14px;font-style:normal;font-weight:normal;text-decoration:none;text-transform:none;font-variant:small-caps;color:000000;">get T r u s t e d stay U n k n o w n</span>
51 Posts
Ooc — Paige
Vires recently had become accustomed to wandering to the edges of her home packs territory longing to get away, if only for a moment. The prospect of exploring something no wolf had before was flurrying around in her mind. Each day Vires stretched her want to wander by exploring further out. She rarely saw any of her pack mates wandering to the edges of their territory. When Vires saw their leader by the stream this made her curious. 

Vires disregarded the light drizzle that began once she started her hike to her alpha. Before long Vires reached where her alpha was at and bowed her head. "Hello Hawkeye." Vires spoke softly not trying to startle her alpha.  
set by sophie
<font style="font-family:helvetica; font-size:12.5px; color:#4B0082;">Each of us can only deal with what’s in front of us.</font><p><I>Avatar by STEVIE!! :)</i>
561 Posts
Ooc — Sam
Hawkeye lifted her large head and a small smile appeared on her face. "Vires," she said while nodding. "It has been a while since I have seen you. Still an adventurer and wanderer, I see. Anything interesting to report?" She pulled herself up to all fours and took a wide stance.

She moved her large cranium upward, looking at the almost sleet-like rain. Her thick pelt kept her warm and protected, but she still desired to get back to then den soon. Renovations were to be had.
<!-- HTML Codes by Quackit.com --><span style="font-family:Helvetica;font-size:14px;font-style:normal;font-weight:normal;text-decoration:none;text-transform:none;font-variant:small-caps;color:000000;">get T r u s t e d stay U n k n o w n</span>
51 Posts
Ooc — Paige
When Hawkeye lifted her head Vires presumed a submissive stance showing her loyalty to her alpha. She gave her a polite greeting lick then returned to her position a few feet away from Hawkeye. She did this to give the wolf room to breathe. Vires kept her head down as Hawkeye asked her about her recent discoveries. Vires noticed she took a stance that was wide, as if to make herself look bigger, scarier. It worked on Vires she crouched low to the ground.

"Nothing important. I have noticed a large amount of mountain goats in the cliffs across from your territory." Vires replied sullenly. She wished there was more to report. Vires would have more to report of she stepped up the courage to move out of the recently acquainted pack territory. She just feared reprimand if she were to abandon the pack so early.  "Once your pack is more established I will venture out further and bring more information to you." Vires established this with a submissive bow and kept her tail and ears down as if trying to get as close to the frozen ground as possible.

set by sophie
561 Posts
Ooc — Sam
Hawkeye looked at Vires and nodded her head in a signal for her to get up. She cocked her head to the side in reaction to Vires' reporting. "At least we know where food is in case the herd runs off. And it's our pack, I do not own you." Hawkeye gave a pointed look while pausing a beat. "You are free to head wherever you'd like. I know you feel cooped up staying around here. I won't bite if you dare to leave pack territory."

The large black wolf showed a smile to the blue-eyed female. "Do you like it up here, on the plateau? Maybe I should have you scout for possible new territories to claim. I hear there is a large body of water somewhere Northwest..." Hawkeye desired to explore a little herself, but she didn't want to turn into a Jinx. An Alpha should always be present if her wolves needed her.
51 Posts
Ooc — Paige
After showing enough submission Hawkeye signaled for Vires to rise, and so she did. Vires did know that she wasnt owned by her alpha, she meant to show respect to Hawkeye. Vires nodded to her after she finished her statement in understanding. 

After Hawkeye smiled Vires felt she could relax a little. While the light drizzle was still going on it made the ground a little muddy. Vires because of this resisted sitting on her haunches. When Hawkeye asked if she liked it up here she nodded. As Hawkeye continued on about having Vires explore new activities she couldn't help but get a gleam in her eye. The possibility of being able to travel everywhere and not getting in trouble made the she wolf excited. Hawkeye finished with noting the waters in the northwest.  "I will gladly look to the northwest in search of waters." Vires stated proudly accepting the quest.  "I will say my goodbyes and be off by dawn of tomorrow." Vires continued. Vires was just excited to not feel cooped up in the plateau anymore. Now Vires also didn't feel so worthless, she could help her pack while fulfilling her desires.

set by sophie
561 Posts
Ooc — Sam
ooc: we can end here or you can post one more!

"Be careful, Vires. I hear Jinx is in that territory. Pied ran into her, and although they did not fight physically, be cautious." Hawkeye knew that Vires was responsible and could handle her own if needed, but she still worried. She did a lot of worrying lately, like worrying if she was indeed a capable Alpha or if she should travel and make pacts herself.

She paused another beat before speaking once more. "Just follow the river to the forest and that should lead you through. Be safe and enjoy yourself, wanderer." Hawkeye smiled at the greyish black wolf. She was very pretty, and Hawkeye found herself wondering if the female had ever desired to have puppies. The large black wolf knew that lower tiers weren't supposed to breed, but it was her pack and she could make the rules change if she so desired.