and when you wanted someone else, i withdrew [van crash]
<small><i><div><span style="color:#f1d7b2;">T</span><span style="color:#f1d5ad;">e</span><span style="color:#f2d4a7;">m</span><span style="color:#f2d2a2;">p</span><span style="color:#f3d09c;">e</span><span style="color:#f3ce97;">r</span><span style="color:#f4cd91;"> </span><span style="color:#f4cb8c;">u</span><span style="color:#f5c986;">s</span><span style="color:#f5c781;"> </span><span style="color:#f6c67b;">i</span><span style="color:#f6c476;">n</span><span style="color:#f6c270;"> </span><span style="color:#f7c16b;">f</span><span style="color:#f7bf65;">i</span><span style="color:#f8bd60;">r</span><span style="color:#f8bb5a;">e</span><span style="color:#f9ba55;">,</span><span style="color:#f9b84f;"> </span><span style="color:#fab64a;">a</span><span style="color:#fab444;">n</span><span style="color:#fbb33f;">d</span><span style="color:#fbb139;"> </span><span style="color:#fbae38;">w</span><span style="color:#fbab37;">e</span><span style="color:#faa837;"> </span><span style="color:#faa536;">g</span><span style="color:#faa235;">r</span><span style="color:#fa9f34;">o</span><span style="color:#f99c33;">w</span><span style="color:#f99932;"> </span><span style="color:#f99632;">s</span><span style="color:#f99331;">t</span><span style="color:#f99030;">r</span><span style="color:#f88e2f;">o</span><span style="color:#f88b2e;">n</span><span style="color:#f8882d;">g</span><span style="color:#f8852d;">e</span><span style="color:#f8822c;">r</span><span style="color:#f77f2b;">.</span><span style="color:#f77c2a;"> </span><span style="color:#f77929;">W</span><span style="color:#f77628;">h</span><span style="color:#f67328;">e</span><span style="color:#f67027;">n</span><span style="color:#f66d26;"> </span><span style="color:#f06825;">w</span><span style="color:#eb6423;">e</span><span style="color:#e55f22;"> </span><span style="color:#e05b21;">s</span><span style="color:#da561f;">u</span><span style="color:#d5521e;">f</span><span style="color:#cf4d1d;">f</span><span style="color:#ca491b;">e</span><span style="color:#c4441a;">r</span><span style="color:#bf4019;">,</span><span style="color:#b93b18;"> </span><span style="color:#b33616;">w</span><span style="color:#ae3215;">e</span><span style="color:#a82d14;"> </span><span style="color:#a32912;">s</span><span style="color:#9d2411;">u</span><span style="color:#982010;">r</span><span style="color:#921b0e;">v</span><span style="color:#8d170d;">i</span><span style="color:#87120c;">v</span><span style="color:#820e0a;">e</span><span style="color:#7c0909;">.</span></div></small></i>
7 Posts
Ooc — Will
exits talon

Talon landed shakily and unsteadily, feeling blood beginning to seep out and soak his fur. He ignored the pain, instead drunk in the sight in front of him, the first thing he saw was Darkside who was seemingly trying to move towards him before one of his limbs buckled. A look of concern flashed through the husky's face as he limped he was towards his friend. Darkside called out towards him, saying they had to escape and that a human was still in the van. A look of disgust flitted over Talon's features, the scent of injured and dead dogs had filled his nostrils, blocking out the stink of the two legged creature, not that he wanted to smell the stink.

The husky blinked gratefully at his friend when Darkside reached him and nudged him towards the direction of mountains. Mountains. His puppy home. "Got it, Darkside." he said in his calm voice and made to follow his german shepherd friend. When he caught up, Talon gave him a grateful yet tired lick of greeting, "I'm glad you're not dead, my friend." The husky did not inquire on how he got out without a single piece of cage stuck in him, he knew his friend was hurt from the way his leg buckled when he attempted to move towards him and Talon was curious.

But he would save that for another time.
If I die in this battle, I'll make sure to take a few chucks of flesh with me.
11 Posts
Ooc — Leondre
Last post from Darkside

The relief of seeing his friend was evident on his face as the german shepherd hobbled away from the crash. A small bit of him wondered what happen to the human in the van, and was she well enough to hunt for them. But if the she was well enough, she would already be out or would already be close to out. "Come on Talon, I can't walk a lot, I think one of my foreleg is dislocated. And I doubt you have no injuries."

The husky followed him, and in the glint of moonlight he saw a flash of silver on his flank. But if the husky didn't say anything about it, it means that it could be that bad right? "Oh, I still have a lot to see and do before death greets me." He chuckled at Talon's words. "Then, I'll welcome it with open paws." The german shepherd ran, or at least tried to.

Darkside smelled a badger burrow. That can obviously be good shelter right? It wasn't good to sleep in open land, where humans could find them and take them back into the hell hole they call the lab. Especially as they were both tired and maybe injured. He chuckled as the burrow came in sight. The scent was stale, meaning the badgers were long gone. "Come on! Talon, I found a place to rest for the night!" He called out in excitement, before making his way into the hole that he will call home for a night.
10 Posts
Ooc — Sophia
It was to small. He couldn't move, and he didn't like it Nononononono. This was bad. Very. He whined softly as he watched others milling around, leaving the scene. Cold bars hold him in, a bush hiding him from view. What is this place? He has seen nothing like it before. He huddles on the bottom of the cage, his leg going ouch. Ouchouchouch. No, he does not like this at all.
28 Posts
Ooc — Kae
Junkyard Dog out

As others gathered around, she turned her head to inspect them, seeing that some had not fared as well as she. Junkyard Dog counted her blessings, few though they were, that she was alive and relatively uninjured.

Dogmeat turned away from them, limping away from the wreckage. Like the others, she followed. She shivered in the cold, her thin coat offering little protection from the cold. She feared that it would be her demise, but said nothing, for what could the others do for her?
<font face=courier><B>fistful of silence</b></font>
8 Posts
Ooc — Leah
Spectre out!

Spectre certainly was glad to have most of the dogs on their side.

His initial worry was that they would immediately disintegrate into chaos, but something about their shared fate unified them. He did spot a few figures dart off into the woodlands, but he could only watch them go with mild disinterest. If they wanted to go it alone, so be it. He couldn't fault them for it. Not after everything they'd seen and been through.

He took up rank towards the back and made sure the rest of the stragglers fell in line with them. But, less noble than that, he didn't want any of the healthier or... well, mentally damaged dogs seeing just how badly he was limping. He knew it would heal. He had faith it would. He'd been through worse. But for now, when everything was mercurial, he needed to secure his rank and fast. And if it was that of a mediator, then so be it.

So long as it kept him safe.
14 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
last for me!

Her question was completely ignored but, from the leaving of the group, she could ascertain the answer. Unsure if she was welcome, still she followed, not giving a damn if it meant she was to survive a while longer. She did not know for how long she would follow, but follow she would, until such a time she felt it more advantageous to strike out on her own.

Still, despite her fear the glow of satisfaction hummed beneath the surface. She would take anything over the lab, even a place so unknown as this. Here at least she was under control of her own wits rather than waiting at the mercy of the creatures who had 'cared for' them.
8 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
One by one, the dogs began to depart. Some went alone, some went with each other, but none stayed but those who had not survived the crash. Them and little Kamikaze, still frozen in terror in her kennel, waiting for her masters to come and take her home.

I don't know how many hours she remained there, waiting. I wouldn't have been surprised at all if she stayed until she froze to death. It was more surprising that she didn't die, not that day. Perhaps it was her inner street dog coming out, but eventually, she found herself walking through the snow with wide eyes and trembling limbs. I'm not sure yet where it was she was heading, but Kami didn't know either, so maybe it's more fun this way.