Duck Lake Why Are They Still Here
Empress of Manipulation
348 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Sen doesn't like ducks. Feel free to mock her for yelling at them. c:

At last, Sen had departed form the Glacier's land, and was steadily making her way away from the territory. She planned to travel farther than usual this time around, but first she'd wanted to stop and take a drink. It was odd that, during all her journeys, the dark woman had never once visited the lake full of noisy, splashing ducks. With the ruckus they made, though, it wasn't a huge surprise. The second she'd approached the lake to find a place to drink from it, she was welcomed with both a good surprise, and a bad one. The good one had been the fact that the lake hadn't seemed to really freeze up yet, but the bad one was how loud the ducks were. Oh, if only she could catch and strangle every last one of them. Sadly, though, that was an impossible task.

“Why must you stupid birds be so damn loud?” her voice called out across the lake, words directed at the bobbing figures, despite knowing they couldn't answer back. The noises they made in response to her voice sounded like laughter, which ultimately annoyed her even more. How the tables had turned, for once it was her being annoyed, rather then she being the one to annoy another. “I hope you all drown,” she called out again, one again ignoring a key problem to her words—the mallards where created with bodies that usually preventing them from drowning. Sen couldn't stand the fact that the birds were still hanging around, having thought they'd be long gone so far into Winter.
Notice: Sen's actions and words do not, in any way, reflect my OOC opinion.
91 Posts
Ooc —
Spectra contemplated the options of pack life for quite a while, but while she was certain most packs weren't as boring as her parent's place, she had to pick the cherries and make sure that she'd actually join a pack with sane wolves. It was alright to explore the neutral territories and proceed because those who skipped the pack boundaries and moved to here had the same status, they were zilch, zero and not an inch above her except maybe height. Here, she would bow to no one.

The young wolf wondered by the time she met the Duskfire Glacier pack wolf, along with the shouting, if that was truly a pack to skip. Afraid of ducks, really? "Last time I met a guy who was afraid of ducks.." Spectra said out loud while skipping former introductions due to the situation, before adding; "..he didn't poop for a week or two." Hopefully, that wasn't the case for Sen.
Empress of Manipulation
348 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
With the noisy birds having a strong hold of her attention, the dark lupine hadn't heard the approaching steps. It was only when the new form speak, did Sen turn around to see who it was. The glare she held for the ducks did not leave her face, even as she looked to the girl before her. What she'd said was insanely stupid, and the raven coated woman needed to force herself not to snap at the yearling. She was a creature of sarcasm, not one to get into some meaningless fight over some stupid birds. “Who said I was afraid of those things?” she said, making it clear the question was entirely rhetorical. “I simply hate them, is all.”

She glanced back to the ducks once more, her amber eyes narrowing even further as she looked at them. Then, her gaze lightened a bit, and she turned back to look at the other wolf. A miniature grin made it's way into her face as she did so. “The one you said is afraid of ducks should probably get himself checked out. I do not think fear is suppose to do that to one's body.”
91 Posts
Ooc —
Maybe it wasn't a good idea to play miss Smartypants while pushing red buttons. Then again, the yearling felt too youthful to react as a responsible adult. Being driven by a whim on impulse more often than not got her into trouble. Still, if her comment was enough to cause a burst of anger within the Delta, perhaps she had been too much on edge already. In that case Spectra was only part of a series of unfortunate events. Despite that, it appeared as though the Duskfire Glacier wolf returned with a light-hearted comment that caused a sly smile.

"I'm not sure he survived, haven't seen him anymore after that; poor mister Chuckles." Throwing that comment over her shoulder into the black void, the cocky Spectra turned to Sen with an inquisitive sparkle within her eyes. "So what's up with this bird hatin' business?" She wanted to know. "You don't get goosebumps, or do you? Those are icky."
Empress of Manipulation
348 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Perhaps it was the universe's way of getting revenge on Sen. A way to even out the trouble she'd caused in the past, by sending someone who could match her own cockiness right to her. Thoughts like that could have passed through the dark wolf's mind, if she'd believed in any of that crap. Luckily, she didn't, as the woman was one with realistic ideas and thoughts—usually, anyways. Her wish for the ducks to drown was far from that of realistic thinking, but it had been during a moment of pure annoyance and hatred that she'd thought it. Besides, you could drown a duck if you tried hard enough, and she would have if the water wasn't like ice.

Sen quirked an invisible eyebrow at the comment about 'mister Chuckles', but didn't question it. “Perhaps the ducks got a hold of him?” the raven coated lupine suggested, humor evident in her words. Then she was asked about the 'bird hating business', followed by a comment about goosebumps. Her earlier sliver of anger did not return, however, for the amber eyed creature was sort of enjoying the way the conversation was going. It seemed as if the other female had something to say each time, and she liked that. It was like looking in a mirror, though Sen knew that the cockiness was probably the only thing they shared. “Perhaps 'hate' was too strong of a word... I find those creatures to be loud and obnoxious, and do not enjoy their presence because of it.” The corners of her mouth twitched slightly, wishing to widen her grin, but she kept it still. “Do I seem as if I am someone who would get goosebumps? If so, then maybe I need to change the way I present myself.”
91 Posts
Ooc —
The sound of ducks faded away into the distance, although those feathery friends were definitely present, Spectra could easily ignore them. It was strange how in the chain of hierarchy wolves definitely were king of the hill above any bird-like creature, those mallards, geese, goose and everything else that flew in the near vicinity did not panic at the sight. Had either Sen's teeth or her own been in close proximity, things might be entirely different.

Spectra was a little bit distracted by her own thoughts and the sound of two birds fighting over a location that she didn't pay attention to the question of mr. Chuckles. Thus, she could not tell how the tragic tale ended to satisfy Sen's own curiosity. Instead Spectra wriggled her nose in disgust when the Delta spoke about loud, obnoxious creatures. Though, her own thoughts once more were focused on something else.

"Loud, obnoxious and they drool upon you if you're lucky. Then, if you're a really lucky bastard they dump their poo on you as well ." So, out of the blue, Spectra shard. "Don't you just love new-born puppies? They are like ducks."
Empress of Manipulation
348 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
In all her life, Sen had never met a duck that drooled. There was no denying that there was a risk of the creatures pooing on you, but they pooed anywhere and everywhere. They were not clean animals in any way, constantly leaving their waste all around. It was utterly gross. When the comment about newborns came around, she wasn't all too sure on what she should say. The female had never met, been around, or even seen a new-born before. Going by what the other woman said about them being like ducks, though, she was sure she wouldn't like the little furballs.

“What type of ducks have you been around that drool?” she suddenly inquired, not able to help herself. They quacked, they pooed, they left feathers and a mess everywhere they went, and they were loud and gross. But drooling? Could birds even drool? Sen held no answers to her own questions, but hoped to be able to settle them someday. Until then, she'd just have to wander about noisy birds and whether or not they drooled. Pretty dumb topic for her mind to linger on, but what can you do? “I've never seen a newborn before, but they sound like little annoyances.”
91 Posts
Ooc —
LOLLOLOL, Google answers the big mystery http://oldredbarnco.blogspot.nl/2008/03/...drool.html ;)

---

Her perspective of newborns was screwed, probably because a deep-filtered jealousy that raged within her system. She was a witness to a beautiful, perfect family when hers was broken. When she knew not what a father figure was as her birth was wrapped up in a web of secrets. "They are, they are!" Spectra said in spite, knowing that perhaps the truth was different but it didn't change that she felt pretty sour. Venting, with a sense of humour, was a good therapy.

When the Delta questioned whether or not ducks could drool, Spectra raised an eyebrow in surprise and a coy grin appeared upon her facial features. "They can drool, at least itsy bitsy yellow ducklings." (Thank you for the information, website!). Spectra remained silent for a moment while allowing this fact, once thought of as impossible, to settle in. "I've seen a little duckling drool with large slums of saliva dripping from its beak. You'd always know where he was at, just follow his saliva."

Of course, Spectra made it appear bigger than it really was, regardless however, little ducklings they could drool. With exciting yellow eyes, Spectra wondered just how bird-hating-Sen would react to that. Would she hate them even more?
Empress of Manipulation
348 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
That picture of the duckling drooling was adorable omg. I had no idea they drooled. :o Thanks, Google! xD

Sen's face seemed to twist in disgust. Whether it was the knowledge of what newborns were like, or the fact that ducks could drool, was uncertain. It was, honestly, probably a combination of both bits of information. “Why would anyone want to have a drooling creature that shits everywhere?” The question was entirely rhetorical, and managed to show the likelihood of the dark figure ever wanting children of her own. Fuck that, she'd much rather teach things she shouldn't to the older children that didn't drool or crap everywhere.

“That's disgusting!” Sen finally commented on the fact of ducks. They were messy enough, and here she learns that they also drool all over the place. What the hell is wrong with those featherheads? Do they not understand the concept of decency? Apparently not. “Why did no one get rid of that drooling duckling, huh? Why keep the thing around?” The woman hated the fact that such gross, nosy creatures lived and walked on the same ground as she did. She wondered how the creatures hadn't gone extinct yet. Mentally, she decided that they probably crap and drool on anything that tries to kill them. How sickening.
91 Posts
Ooc —
Silly google XD
----
It was definitely and undeniably so very sickening. Suddenly the thought of a duck drooling -- the image so vivid inside her mind -- made her stomach turn. The thought alone created an ill-found feeling that she never felt before. A small, cute yellow little duckling with drool coming out was all of the sudden the most disgusting thing in the entire world.

"Ugh! I think I want to throw up." Spectra said with a lower-toned voice as she blinked her eyes and looked at Sen. "I kid you not!" She wanted to rationally answer all the questions that the Delta had thrown at her for they made sense and she felt as if she had a common friend through rather disgusting topics but now ..all she could feel was that pitch in her stomach. "Next time you see one drooling duck -- promise to kill it?" And it was at that moment, Spectra moved away for quite a bit to barf, in private, before returning. That was some urge she could not fight back any longer.
Empress of Manipulation
348 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Small, yellow ducklings that swim around in the water and drool was sickening. It revolted Sen, yes, but it wasn't enough to make her stomach churn. When the other moved away for awhile in order to spill her guts, the dark woman was a bit shocked, as well as grossed out. Not only where they near a lake full of annoying, feathery beasts, but now the stench of vomit was lingering too close for comfort. “If I promise to kill any drooling ducks I come across, can you promise to never do that again?” Her nose wrinkled in disgust, doing nothing to show how she felt towards the other stepping away to barf. That, to Sen, was far more repulsive than drool coming form any creature out there.

“Geez, next time you think you have to go spew your innards out, let me know so I don't have to stick around after it,” she said, just barely able to stand the fact that the one she was speaking with just let something so vile leave her. If her stomach wasn't as strong as it was, she would have been the next one to go off and puke.
91 Posts
Ooc —
The whole situation disgusted her endlessly; the ducks, the barf and the entire ordeal made her want to run away completely. Her mind still lingered on the remnants that she left behind and the hideous, disgusting scent was just a reminder of that. "Ugh!" Was the only thing Spectra could say in defense to Sen. "Next time I'll throw my guts out in all its glory, I'll make sure you'll get a duck alert." She frowned at that thought, not entertained by the idea at all.

No matter how bad this day turned out to be, she somehow found a friend under disgusting circumstances. "Come!" Spectra gently nudged Sen's shoulder. "Let's get the fuck outta here; let's smell the daisies ..elsewhere." And with that, she began to move away; away from the ducks and her remnants.
Empress of Manipulation
348 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Last post from me. This had to be the oddest, and funniest, thread I've done. xD These two could probably manage to be best friends, joined through their disgust for ducks.

The obsidian woman nearly cringed visibly at the mention of a “duck alert”. Every single image that came to mind at the combination of those words made her want to gag. Stupids ducks and their noisy grossness. If anything good was to be seen coming out of this whole ordeal, it was the fact that she'd met someone who shared her feelings towards the waddling fiends. She'd even learned some grosser things about the cretins, which she would look out for in the future. Pooing everywhere and drooling... It was as if the ducks wanted to be resented and hated.

The suggestion to leave brought a strong wave of relief over Sen. “Nothing would make me happier than to leave this disgusting place,” she said, her snout scrunching up slightly as she allowed her gaze to slip towards the waterbirds. “I still hope all those things find a way to drown. Maybe they'll drown in their own feces or drool, the stupid birds.” With those last words, she allowed her legs to carry her away from the lake. It was one place she probably wouldn't be visiting again anytime soon, that was for sure.
91 Posts
Ooc —
I agree [mate] I'm sure these two will meet again ;) And to learn that ducks drool -- the.world.will.never.be.the.same.again x)

----

Ducks and this world, Spectra felt as though they didn't belong on this world. They were alien, strange and odd. The midnight-painted female didn't feel as though she would ever find a sort of appreciation, respect or understanding for her feathered friends. The enemy of my enemy is my friend and through Sen she found a mutual friend and an understanding that probably nobody had; they were duck-like soul mates, bound together for their hatred of ducks. "I hope so!" Spectra admitted as they both left this duck battlefield. 1-0 for ducks but she was certain the true battle wasn't over yet, it had just began. For now though, she and Sen disappeared into the shadows.