Great Bear Wilderness a surprise
211 Posts
Ooc — Vinyl
for @Gaiban !

Runt knew they were to prank the Spine in sorts, just to piss them off. She was a little afraid she would get caught if she tried. But she did anyway. Today Runt had gone hunting and killed some large bird, a hawk or falcon or something, and was rather proud. She had eaten it, but been careful to avoid eating the organs. She'd then plucked out a small bloody heart and pulled out the intestines, and the liver. Runt carried them in her jaws, careful not to damage them. She then carefully approached the Spine borders before dropping the heart on the edge. She then placed the liver on the left of it and the intestines on the right.
"Perfect.." She purred, looking at the bloody arrangement, before darting away from the border and hiding in the undergrowth. Now she would wait till some Spine jerk found it.
43 Posts
Ooc — Carter
Gaiban was sitting in his den, when he saw something. He wasn't alotted to go anywhere near the borders, but there was a gross scent he needed to investigate. The boy trotted over to the carcass, and cocked his head sideways. What was this odd thing. There was nothing left except the organs, and the bones.

He wrestled the head off, chewed the last of the muscle off, and played with the skull, pawing it back and forth. Gaiban liked bones. He payed little attention to the rustling of the bushes nearby.
211 Posts
Ooc — Vinyl
you get my 200th post!

Runt's green eyes widened as she glanced up to see a white canine playing with her prank. No! They weren't supposed to enjoy it! It frustrated her that her prank had been used as a toy. But then she caught a glimpse of his face. He looked about her age. And he was cute, in an innocent, boyish way. Great, she came to get the Spine mad, instead she was crushing on a Spine boy. Runt told herself to stay cool, and stepped out from among the bushes, yet not on the border yet.
"Hi, What's your name? I'm Runt, Runt Northwind." She said, glancing at the organs and bones like she didn't know why they were there.
43 Posts
Ooc — Carter
"Cool." Gaiban stuttered out, stepping back. He only wished he was allotted to be nice to her, but he was still on probation. If Cara didn't catch him, he would be fine. But, that didn't get rid of his fear.

"I'm Gaiban. nice to meet you, Runt Gaiban said, nervously. The shoulder deities were talking to him now, creating conflict.
"Sorry, but, could you-uh.." Gaiban wanted this girl to leave. But he didn't want to be mean either. He remembered what he learned when he was stuck in his den. To get rid of all intruders. But this Wolfess wasn't past the border yet, was she?
211 Posts
Ooc — Vinyl
i edited the post before to include what i hadn't realized at first- that was my 200th post! ^u^

So his name was Gaiban. Runt noticed a lack of confidence, which couldn't be a good thing. Of course, it could change as he got older. It was okay for kiddos the age of the one she'd met at the river to lack confidence, but at his age? It needed to be fixed.
"Nice to meet ya too. What? Could ya speak up a bit or somethin'? Sorry, ya just have a quiet voice." She told him, not wanting to hurt his feelings or anything.
43 Posts
Ooc — Carter
Congrats brah!
"Can you leave?" Gaiban said, louder as he made a shooing motion with his head. He was being a jerk. But no matter what this wolf looked like, she had to go. He noticed that the wolf was looking at him funny. Little did he know that was the look of attraction.

"I'm not trying to be mean, but- You need to go.. Gaiban made sure to be louder. He closed his eyes, as if she would leave at the count of three. To his dismay, the wolf was still there. The wolf reminded him of his sister. he missed his sister horribly. He was too young to clearly remember, but he was almost sure she had perished in the accident.
211 Posts
Ooc — Vinyl
thanks!

Despite Runt's usual way of carrying herself with authority, her tan ears flattened against her skull and her eyes turned sad. She wanted to stay around, and just hang out with him! She wasn't trespassing or anything.
"B-but I'm not trespassin'! ...Why do I have to go?" She nearly whined. She was humble in front of her crush, if he told her once more to leave she would not continue being stubborn. If she had to do what he said to get him to like her at all, so be it.
43 Posts
Ooc — Carter
It was at that moment I realized Runt was really crushing.
Gaiban felt sad as well. He was being a real jerk. But the pack came first, before his own subconscious fantasies.
"I might get in trouble. I'm not mad at you, I just don't want to lose my place in the pack." Gaiban said, with rising urgency. He wasn't going down that road again. Sometimes the white-furred Iota felt like just running away, but he didn't want to get kicked. But he could start something new with this wolf. He doubted the other wolf was thinking the same thing.

"Alright, but you don't cross the borders." He needed to know the she-wolf's intentions.
211 Posts
Ooc — Vinyl
yep, I've been having a few of my characters crush recently in the month of Valentine's Day :)

Runt backed up a few more feet from the borders, green eyes wide and nervous. Just as she turned to go she heard him say alright and immediatley turned back around. She could at least stay a moment or two longer!
"I won't. Why would I do that? Hey, whatcha got there?" She asked, smiling, looking at the bones like she had no idea why they were there. She tried to look somewhat curious, and wondered how he would respond.
43 Posts
Ooc — Carter
Depending how this goes, might I invite some other spine wolves to the thread?
"Bones. What, have you never seen bones before?" Gaiban replied, in a kidlike, pouty fashion. Gaiban was so mean. The Spine would be proud. He still had the expression of hatred on his face from his talk with the Alpha.

This wolf was an outsider. She was bad. She needs to go! Gaiban was going to.. He didn't want to. But his training said he needed to do anything to protect the spine. He would take this wolf's muzzle, and rub it in the dirt.

Anything for the spine.. The saying echoed through his head, bringing his hidden anger through his very skin. He pounced toward the wolf, his angry look worse than ever. He stopped up close to the wolf.
"Stay away from here. And never come back." He waited for a reply, but before the wolf could make an attempt at a reply, he repeated his earlier statement. "Never come back!"
211 Posts
Ooc — Vinyl
actually i think runt would leave here. If she's trying to impress him. Ty for the thread, this'll be my last post!

Gaiban's sudden anger towards her confused her. Hadn't he said she could stay if she didn't trespass just moments before? Yet she frowned, her green eyes sad. They turned frustrated as she replied.
"Fine! I don't want ta hang out at this... This real crappy spot anyway." She growled, tripping over her words a bit in nervousness. Then she spun around and began to stalk off towards the gorge.