Moonspear not being able to find it
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Upon the arrival of his parents, Hydra withheld the urge to spit him against the earth vehemently. Bur she placed him against the earth and, hearing Dakarai's words, she regarded him with a lifted head: Not you, himself, and there it was, that cold fury, biting into her words. He used his teeth against his packmate, shed blood with his milk-teeth. He must learn respect, her gaze shifted to Olive, or he will die. If he could not learn, there was no hope for him. She did not even necessarily mean herself in this instance, though doubtless she would if she needed to. That he challenged firstly her father, then her, seemed in itself a challenge to the Ostrega line... and Hydra would sooner kill him than deal with him attempting the very same with any of her siblings, new or old. He was young,  yes, but his stupidity was to the point where it could get him killed. Teach him, she advised, her eyes dark. For she hadn't the patience to, and it was not her responsibility. With that the she-wolf turned on her heel to depart, nodding to Terance to join her if he wished. She was glad Dakarai had seen—he would know it all justifiable, then.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Silencer
334 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Away
Aries hung limply from Hydra's jaws, not caring now that she had control over his body for the time being. He was pleased with himself, proud that he had hurt her so. It was what he wanted - in his mind, she deserved it. Either way, he had enjoyed it and did not care what punishment he received. For he was certain that he would be scolded.

When he saw both his father and mother, the boy remained silent, almost smiling. Almost. His father's stare drew his attention and the Sigma met his gaze with a spark in his eyes. He did not care that he had done wrong - he had relished in the adrenaline while it had been present, and his heart was still beating rather fast from the thrill of it all.
If I cannot bend Heaven,
I will raise Hell.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
the child didn't seem bothered in the slightest. both parents arrived, dakarai scolding him and olive merely looking worried and embarrassed-- rightfully, maybe. hydra's words to them came almost as a shock (another shock wow) to terance, though he almost expected it from hydra now. he gave a slight nod in agreement. dakarai had called him aries-- and aries was going to get himself killed very soon if he didn't learn some sort of manners or respect.

hydra turned, and terance made to follow her (to patrol), but gave a nod to both adults, respectful to rank, and offered his name in introduction, before ducking out after the shadow.
447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Dakarai's gaze turned stony at Hydra's threat..no promise. Once Aries was deposited at his feet he used a heavy paw to flip the smug child over. If this was how it was to be Aries would learn hard and fast. placing his large paw against the boy's belly and throat enough so he couldn't move he lowered his muzzle and growled deeply, a wordless gesture that said "I am boss here". 

Maw still in his son's face he turned his blue gaze toward Olive "If he misbehaves again, he gets punished not coddled. You heard her words, He will get himself killed and we will be looked down upon." his words were direct and had a hard edge to them. He meant it and expected Olive to understand the dire need to get Aries under control.

posting order i suppose is Aries/Dakarai/Olive since terance and Hydra left?
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
[table width=85%][tr][td]
Shed blood with his milk-teeth? Could hydra even hear herself and understand how ridiculous that statement sounded? Her progeny, all twenty pounds of him, inspired such ire within the dark girl. As she spoke and discharged her babe upon the sunripened earth, Olive found herself looking at not the child — but at her. She was but a child herself, yet so stoic and violent. Olive was reminded a lot of Arturo in those final days of their relations [taken prisoner and interrogated by her own kin] — and if the coy wolf had the brute force the throw around, as did Hydra [well, when compared to a puppy]. 

How very proud she must feel, sneered Olive within her own mind, somewhat surprised at her own vehemence — It was the type of emotional extremism that she sought to avoid with her separation from Dakarai; but for her children, it was different. Her relationship with her children did not throw the world off its balance [as her love for Dakarai had], no, her babes were divinely crafted by gods’ hand themselves. Thus, she would defend it with her life; the universe had placed them within her womb for that very reason, did they not?

Olive would dare say that, in that moment, she felt more anger towards the young nyx than she had towards the family when it sent her to exile. At least with Teaghlaigh, the punishment was not without its crime [as inhumane as the punishment was], but here, this… it was impossible for Olive to see the blame. So consumed was the mother that she did not notice Dakarai come up beside her — and when she noticed him so near her, she nearly flinched from the electricity that sparked between them — and she found the she was glad for his presence, even if he seethed with negativity. 

”He is two months old,” Olive explained to all that were in attendance, as if this was something they could not easily see for himself. He was all gangly legged and long of face, with those vibrant blue eyes that easily spoke of babyhood. How was she the only one who could see this? ”and a pack member for only half that.” The druid’s voice was kept low and melodic, hoping to pass for some semblance of calm. ”give him the time and he will adapt. He is an infant, not a beast —  as we all once were.” Did the young woman so quickly forget herself and her young age?

But Hydra nor the new male did not stay long to discuss the guidelines of childhood and childrearing [as if they knew anything about this at all] and they soon departed. Then, Dakar chastised her for her… tender way of mothering. Olive felt biting words rise in her throat, but swallowed them and redirected her anger at the ones who deserved it: the family of wolves so nervous and self conscious that they constantly needed to assert themselves above a mere child. She does not decide such things. Olive cast a sidelong glance at the path Hydra and Terance used to make their exit. 

As excusable as the mother believed her children to be, the truth was still there: they could not jeopardize their place within Moonspear to fulfill childish whims. The children would have to learn. Olive motioned with a tip of her chin towards their mountainside dwelling, not too far away. “Come. We all need to discuss our etiquette. Her gamine frame moved to walk back towards the den. “You should be there too.” She stopped to look over her shoulder, making sure that Dakarai and Aries were both in tow. 

[/td][/tr][/table]
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Silencer
334 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Away
Aries was glad to be free of the dark girl - she left after spitting a few words at his parents. As soon as she was gone, the boy looked back at his parents and grinned, not caring for the harsh words clearly about him from Da. He did not regret what he had done, and nothing they could say would change that. His mother, at least, seemed to be on his side. Or that is what it appeared as to the young pup. This made him somewhat more pleased, as at least Ma was not disappointed in him, not like Da was. Plus, when Hydra treated him like dirt, that was what he felt was right. Perhaps he held too much pride, but he was unaware and simply thought that anyone would react the same way he had.

Another thing the Sigma had noticed was how much he had enjoyed drawing blood from the older girl. The taste was not something he desired, no, but he had very much relished in the act. I'll bring her even more pain next time - she'll give up trying to get me to show her any respect. I won't and she can't make me. Maybe it was foolish to think such things, but this was the peak of the boy's logic.

His father soon pinned him down, placing a large paw on his little chest. Suddenly angered by the movement, accompanied by the deep growl, Aries narrowed his eyes. He stared Da right in the face, wondering what he would do. He would not hurt him - Aries was sure. Da was family and Ma was here anyway so even if he tried he would be stopped, right? The boy lifted his lip, showing his small milk-teeth, ones that despite their size, he was still proud of. He was confused. Did Da actually like these wolves they had been forced to live with? Was he on their side? Did he no longer like Aries, feeling that he had to assert dominance over him?

As soon as he was released he padded quickly over to Olive with another small, sharp glance at Dakarai. He loved his father, yes, but he was annoyed at him for the time being. With no words, as usual, he followed his mother to wherever she was leading them.
If I cannot bend Heaven,
I will raise Hell.
447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
"Two months old with a threat against his life. He has too much pride and Cockiness" he stated. The way Aries had curled his lip at him and simply stared frightened Dakarai. Not because he thought his son could do him any real harm, but because there was no semblance of respect anywhere in Aries's behavior.

Giving an annoyed sigh he turned and followed Olive back up the mountain, walking Behind Aries so he couldn't escape again.