can a character wear bones?
Lurker
0 Posts
Ooc — ♡
idk how else to word this question but akdjfjfj 

can a character wear some kind of animal ribs around their neck and/or torso?
wearing my dream like a diadem in some better land.
1,195 Posts
Ooc —
Master Ranger
Tactician
or even... Big Animal Skulls?? big eyes

not the entire skull, just the front half ofc

Muttn dateline='[url=tel:1579883490' Wrote: 1579883490[/url]']
idk how else to word this question but akdjfjfj 

can a character wear some kind of animal ribs around their neck and/or torso?
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
not a pm but. THIS SEEMS FUN *chants* DO IT DO IT
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
How...how would this even work?
Lurker
0 Posts
Ooc — ♡
Maegi Wrote:How...how would this even work?

hmm idk lol.. I was just wonderin that
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
I think some of y'all forget wolves lack things like opposable thumbs and manual dexterity
Lurker
0 Posts
Ooc — ♡
yee I guess the answer is no then. oh well!
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
(January 24, 2020, 11:48 AM)Muttn Wrote: yee I guess the answer is no then. oh well!
I mean, I'm not a CM. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I'm sure there's a way to do it "semi realistically"
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
i can imagine it! if there's one wolf to dislocate the lower jaw from the skull, they could theoretically use their mouth to put it onto someone else. same with ribs

might get in the way of sight or pose a slight problem with mobility but it could be fun :)

1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
I agree with tweet! probably believable with some help!!!
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,016 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
My hot take:

I think it's reasonable that a toon could wear a skull or a rib cage. May I suggest a spine also? It'd make a cool necklace! ;)

For semi-realism's sake, I'd encourage mentions of it being kinda difficult to wear, falling off all the time, etc... lol.

I'd also err against anything super, unbelievably elaborate. Otherwise, have fun. :)
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
I will defer to other CMs about this but my take is, as long as it’s semi realistic it’s alright. I don’t have a problem with it within reason.. and I’m firmly in the camp of letting people enjoy things as long as they fit into our semi-realism culture.

I imagine you wouldn’t be able to “strap down” bones for reasons mentioned above, but having them loosely slung on you is okay in my book.

An example of “within reason” would be—
A wolf having an intact spine/ribcage over their back, not tied down
A hollowed out skull not tied down

An example of not within reason to me would be anything intricate or elaborate, like a full skeleton get up, or things like leg bones tied to a leg or body.
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
wearing my dream like a diadem in some better land.
1,195 Posts
Ooc —
Master Ranger
Tactician
Awesome! Thanks for the feedback.

Definately within reason/not tied down/super outlandish ofc
Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Yep!! I'd say it prob couldn't be long term personally either (I don't feel like a full spine or ribs would hold up well with time and weather?) but I have no real issue with it!
awake my soul
99 Posts
Ooc — Chan
(January 24, 2020, 11:47 AM)Maegi Wrote: I think some of y'all forget wolves lack things like opposable thumbs and manual dexterity

I like seeing the creative things people come up with. Wolves don’t have the same vocal cords or tongue dexterity people do and they’re talking!