Redhawk Caldera One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Her father was staring at her with a delighted look on his face, which caused Wildfire's tail to wag. "Did you just say daddy?" he said, enunciating the word loudly and clearly, to which she replied, "Addy! Ossa, yaddy?" This appeared to make him even happier and Wildfire grinned at the expression on her father's dark face.

"That's right, daddy. Good girl," Peregrine said after a moment, still beaming at her. Then he remembered the inquisitive nature of her exclamation and he explained, "This is the caldera. It's like a big, big puddle. But we don't play in this puddle until you're bigger," he added in a slightly sterner voice.

The puppy gnawed on her lip, staring out over the water again, when a sound caused both wolves to look over their shoulders. Wildfire's golden eyes fixed on the figure of a large wolf carrying a carcass. She began to turn her body toward him, glancing up at her father questioningly. When the stranger dropped his haul and spoke, Wildfire pressed herself close to Peregrine's leg, curious but shy.

"Hello, Sebastian," the Alpha male rumbled, glancing down at the the top of his daughter's head as the subordinate acknowledged her as small lady. He had never had such a bashful child before, so it was baffling and endearing all at once. "This is one of my little ones. Her name is Wildfire Attica. Or Dhole, depending on who you ask." He laughed. "Wifi, this is Sebastian. That's a mouthful, isn't it? Maybe he'll let you call him Seb."

The little Omicron really didn't understand most of that, though her father's tone was encouraging. She offered Sebastian a small smile, nose wriggling as her yellow eyes then dropped to the kill and she queried nonsensically, "Ossa? Eees?" 
Messages In This Thread
RE: One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas - by Wildfire - March 28, 2015, 02:52 PM