Swiftcurrent Creek I got my scars right here
<font face="georgia"><i><FONT COLOR="#b0c4de">c</FONT><FONT COLOR="#adbfdb">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#a8b9d8">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#a4b4d4">'</FONT><FONT COLOR="#9faed1">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#9ba8cd"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#96a2ca">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#929dc6">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#8d97c2">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#8991bf">d</FONT><FONT COLOR="#848bbb"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#8085b8">m</FONT><FONT COLOR="#7b80b4">y</FONT><FONT COLOR="#777ab1"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#7274ad">p</FONT><FONT COLOR="#6e6eaa">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#6968a6">k</FONT><FONT COLOR="#6563a2">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#605d9f">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#5c579b"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#575198">f</FONT><FONT COLOR="#534c94">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#4e4691">c</FONT><FONT COLOR="#4a408d">e</FONT></i></font>
29 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
She stared in to the pool of water, her gaze narrowed, her focus unraveling with the failure before her. Sos and Atka remained ever silent to her now, and a gurgled whine pressed to her lips, unable to emit fully to sound before she pulled herself up. A snap of her jaws was given to the still water, her aqua eyes flashing dangerously before she turned sharply, prowling away. The great bears were silent to her now -- had been, even after she had given the Mambo clear acceptance within her ranks.

It had not been enough -- they had lured her here to lay claim upon lands and now shunned her without further instruction. What was she to do? Simply live her life in the peaceful setting of the Teekon Wilds -- birthing children until she became so fat she could no longer see her paws? No. She would have none of it.

The air was crisp this day -- the sun beat down upon the lands, though no warmth touched her. Winter still clasped the land with its silence and demand, yet come spring, she knew life would stir once more. Perhaps in the womb of one of her pack mates as well -- a child she would guide to the ways of the gods, despite their parents protests.

Ranging along the creek now, her gaze scanned the area. The water ran swiftly -- harshly, as it swept to lands unknown to her.. she had not fully followed the creek to its end yet. Yet a harsh splash caused her figure to tense, and as her eyes fell upon the silhouette of pale snow, the great bear wavered in Lethe's vision. "Atka," she croaked, her frame falling to the snow now, her muzzle pressed against the cold blanket upon the ground as she stared. "Atka, you have left me."

Silence met her then. Her breath intook sharply, the pain in her chest at this abandonment searing her more than Koios' death had. Her eyes shut tightly then. "Come," the voice whispered -- had she not listened so intently, she would have missed it over the roar of the rushing waters. "Come back to me."

Lethe's eyes would snap open, and the splash of water washed over her then, indicating to her fully what the god had meant. She rose then, sullen in this contemplation. She had never feared death -- not as much as she had feared heartache. Her pause was only for a moment. Enough for her eyes to take in the land around her -- to revel in the touch of the wind as it swept past her pelt. Then, tilting her muzzle up, she released a call. It rang her single goodbye to her pack.. to her family, Lecter, Clarice.. Jinx. To her fiesty redhead, Fox. To the sullen warrior, Njal. To Thorne, and Sparrow. Even so, she knew only Lecter and Jinx would truly understand the meaning of this goodbye -- her purpose here was unknown, but it had been laid to rest now.. just as she would.

Without another word, the she-wolf moved to the edge of the creek. The rushing waters would not give mercy, and before fear could prickle along her spine, Lethe shut her eyes and allowed herself to fall forward. She would feel the searing pain of her body meeting the sharp rocks below, tattering as the current would sweep her harshly down the creek. Her lungs burned as water began to fill them, and yet a soothing came over her quickly as her body numbed her to the pain.

Lethe Styx was no more.
Messages In This Thread
I got my scars right here - by Lethe - February 22, 2014, 10:21 AM
RE: I got my scars right here - by RIP Njal - February 22, 2014, 06:49 PM
RE: I got my scars right here - by Jinx - February 23, 2014, 10:34 AM