Storm Front
the serpent king
281 Posts
Ooc —
Nochtli's response was blunt and it made sense but it was not what Tezcacoatl would have considered comforting either. His experience in this area was extremely limited, and he as looking for some kind of advice that likely Nochtli couldn't provide him with, likely none of the Amazon's could, not even his own mother. They didn't have to worry about rejection because they didn't grow attached (Tezca thinks but has no idea his mother grew attached to her partner, ha) and if they were spurned then it couldn't hurt. It could aggravate, certainly, maybe even cause punishment but at the end of the day they wouldn't nurse a broken heart.  Perhaps their way was better ...but it was not something he had to consider as an option, yet. If he didn't tell Tuwawi then he and she would never know. “I was afraid to tell her before and when she left I thought I had lost any chance I'd had, if I had any chance at all; and the whole situation with her mate, previous mate now I guess, was confusing. I hadn't wanted to make a move on her if she still cared for him or hoped for his return,” But now? He didn't harbor those fears; only of being humiliated (which was a perfectly fine thing to be worried about).

“I'm not afraid of those things anymore, only my own humiliation if she doesn't or can't feel the same way,” It was easy to be open with Nochtli, though he supposed that was the Amazon's charm, well suited to being the diplomat. “and I don't want my feelings for her to get in the way of our friendship. I value her as a friend too much to lose her over that.” Words he would echo to Tuwawi days later. “How would you handle it, if you were in my situation?” He inquired, truly valuing her hypothetical advice. “Maybe you Amazons have it right, don't get attached and there is no whiplash from the rejection, only the desire to punish.” That was the Amazon coming out of him. He did not mean any specific situation just a general observation, considering it a potential option if everything went south when he approached Tuwawi about his feelings.

Nochtli pushed ahead of him, stopping when she splashed into a crystalline pool. As he joined her, his own steps slowed as he took in the sight, and made a soft noise of agreement to Nochtli's 'beautiful'. “Why not?” He muttered coyly to her before he surged into the pool, stopping on the incline when his shoulders were partially submerged.
he came and stole the wild
a crime so old as the sky and bone
Messages In This Thread
Storm Front - by Nochtli - June 10, 2015, 05:23 PM
RE: Storm Front - by Tezcacoatl - June 10, 2015, 05:50 PM
RE: Storm Front - by Nochtli - June 10, 2015, 10:54 PM
RE: Storm Front - by Tezcacoatl - June 11, 2015, 02:31 PM
RE: Storm Front - by Nochtli - June 11, 2015, 10:53 PM
RE: Storm Front - by Tezcacoatl - June 12, 2015, 02:39 PM
RE: Storm Front - by Nochtli - June 13, 2015, 09:38 AM
RE: Storm Front - by Tezcacoatl - June 13, 2015, 02:05 PM
RE: Storm Front - by Nochtli - June 16, 2015, 10:27 PM