Bearclaw Valley Can we start over?
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Nov. 28, Edit; Added an ending onto this.

Kove was... interested, to say the least. He knew there were mountains, he'd contemplated visiting them numerous times before. He knew of the beach, too, due to interactions with the sea wolves so long ago. Never had he visited it, though, and was a bit curious to do so. He'd been to bays and oceans before, but that was farther up North. He wondered what they were like in the Wilds, but had a feeling he wouldn't be able to find out for awhile. He had things he needed to do, and didn't yet have time for travels. Eventually, he wanted to, but for the time being he needed to keep himself from traveling away. "Sounds like you really did enjoy yourself," he said, the faintest trace of a smile appearing across his maw. "Good to hear you didn't get caught up in the storm, too. Had you, I'm not so sure we'd be speaking to one another right now. It made a mess of the valley, and I have the feeling we only experienced a fraction of the actual disaster." It was concerning. He'd yet to travel away and see the mess that Teekon had become, though he suspected it would be bad. Nevertheless, he would eventually have to visit Blackfeather, and so he would see what all had happened around them then.

At the mention of the water levels, the Inuit turned to glance at the river as well. It was still as wild as the storm itself had been, but had thankfully been able to calm a bit. To her assumption, he gave a curt nod of his head. "We did," he stated, recalling the events as if they'd occurred only moments prior. "There was flooding. It tore through the den Scarlett and I use to share, damaging it to the point that it collapsed. Luckily, she was able to get the children out in time, but it was still worrisome." He'd gone back numerous times before to look at the den that once was, inspecting it and the damage done to it by the water. The 'what if's' swarmed his mind each and every time he saw it, too, which would often dampen his mood considerably. Kove knew he should have been there, should have been on watch to ensure something like that never would have happened, but he hadn't been, and that fact ate at him. Of course, he never let those feelings show through. He refused to allow others to look into him as they pleased, but that didn't stop him from seeing it. Hiding his own feelings from, well, himself, was not something he was capable of doing. The ghost knew himself too well for that.

Gently, the man shook his head then looked back to the woman. His ears perked up at the mention of the children, and he even gave a soft sway of his tail. "They do make this place rather lively," Kove said, agreeing with what she'd said. "They're sure to be trouble as they get older, but that just means there will never be a dull moment with them around." The Inuit was happy with his children, to put it in simple terms. They were his legacy, and they would continue on the Inuit lineage of his family. Well, at least he planned for them to. He could not force them to act like those from his birth place, nor could he make them accept and embrace their heritage. He was certain his son would anyways, but his daughters were currently a mystery to him. With a serious look in his eyes, he met the woman's gaze with his own. "You've been here since the beginning, Rhythm. I know we do not know one another well, but the fact that you returned when you could have just stayed away tells me something about you that I believe is important. You're loyal. To this valley, at least, and I hope you will extend that loyalty to my children if they are ever in need of your assistance." Kove did not yet trust her, not entirely, but there was a sliver of acceptance growing within him, and he believed her actions would cause that thread to grow stronger.

The male went on to listen to all the woman had to say, taking each word said seriously. Someday, perhaps he would trust her, but for the time being that simply wasn't possible. No matter, when their meeting came to an end, the two parted on good terms, each going on to carry out their activities for the day. Kove was glad to see she'd returned, though he did plan to keep a close eye on her. One could never be too careful, after all, and he wasnt about to let her off easy.
Messages In This Thread
Can we start over? - by Rhythm - July 23, 2015, 01:55 PM
RE: Can we start over? - by Kove - July 23, 2015, 03:04 PM
RE: Can we start over? - by Rhythm - August 01, 2015, 06:45 PM
RE: Can we start over? - by Kove - August 09, 2015, 01:33 AM
RE: Can we start over? - by Rhythm - August 09, 2015, 08:25 AM
RE: Can we start over? - by Kove - August 17, 2015, 01:35 PM