Moonspear you might catch a star
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Floki spoke first, immediately offering to help her walk. She looked at him, not sure it would work but wanting to try. If she was being honest with herself, it wasn't just about finding Finley either. They would have to press their bodies together, a thought which brought a small flush to her cheeks (which was fortunately hidden beneath her fur). Wildfire caught herself and wondered if she was developing an instantaneous crush on this veritable stranger... but hadn't she done the same with Ashton? First she'd gone for gold, now she was upgrading to platinum.

She pushed those thoughts aside. Floki made another suggestion: she could camp out here while they looked. Her amber eyes hopped over to Charon as he embellished on his brother's idea. As much as she wanted to let them help her, she knew she would only hamper the search severely. If they were willing to go look in her stead, she would owe them a huge favor.

"Know what's funny? That happened to my mom. She got hurt falling down the caldera and that's why she and my dad moved there." Well, there was more to the story but she just found Charon's remark ironic. "If you two go on ahead without me, I promise I'll seriously consider your offer," she continued in a sober voice. "Finley's not just my aunt, she's my godmother. She has a young son back home. We need to find her and bring her home. She's kinda small, with silver fur and brown eyes. She has a black stripe down her back, you can't miss it..."

Although she was hopeful the two young men in front of her could help, she still felt helpless and upset about letting her clumsiness get the best of her. How would Uncle Elwood feel when she showed up, injured and empty-handed? He would feel disappointed and guilty, that's how. Wildfire's ears flattened suddenly and her whole body slumped as if in defeat. If she had thought being unable to locate Pan was a failure, there wasn't a word invented yet for how badly she had botched Finley's search-and-rescue effort.
Messages In This Thread
you might catch a star - by Charon - September 21, 2015, 11:57 AM
RE: you might catch a star - by Wildfire - September 21, 2015, 01:03 PM
RE: you might catch a star - by Floki - September 21, 2015, 02:24 PM
RE: you might catch a star - by Charon - September 22, 2015, 03:11 AM
RE: you might catch a star - by Wildfire - September 22, 2015, 09:27 AM
RE: you might catch a star - by Floki - September 22, 2015, 07:42 PM
RE: you might catch a star - by Charon - September 23, 2015, 05:49 AM
RE: you might catch a star - by Wildfire - September 23, 2015, 09:04 AM
RE: you might catch a star - by Floki - September 23, 2015, 07:29 PM
RE: you might catch a star - by Charon - September 25, 2015, 02:56 AM
RE: you might catch a star - by Wildfire - September 25, 2015, 10:43 AM