Blackfeather Woods Back then, when I stupidly took pride
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
Just assuming Kove didn't tell her about bringing his son with him

Lifting her nose to the air, she took in a deep breath, searching for the scent of prey nearby. The last few of her days had been spent gathering more and more catch to fill her cache, with the coming winter. The rest of the pack had been doing the same, the healers stocking up the herbs and the rest filling their own caches. And now finally she had gotten rid of that food raider, she could hunt in peace. 
She always felt calm during the colder days, maybe it was the way the bitter air filled her bones, or the somber feelings she got in the afternoons when the sun disappeared behind the horizon. Whatever it was, she much prefered it opposed to the sticky days of the summer when the crickets hummed their obnoxious tones and the sun blared down upon her dark pelt. For some, the winter brought death or grief, or whatever made them hate it so much, but to her there was no other time than snow time. Watching the snowflakes rain down from the heavens gave her hope in her battered childhood years, that when a new coat covered the earth and new world would emerge from it, a world where she wasn't verbally and mentally abused everyday from those who were supposed to care for her. 

Shaking her head, she came out of her thoughts, refocusing her gaze to the survey the scene around her. From what she had picked up, there were no deer nearby, having moved from it's usual spot to one with better vegetation. But there was a peculiar scent coming from near the borders, one she had not smelt before. Somehow it reminded her of Kove, but that wasn't at all possible. This scent was much too young. Picking up her feet, she raced down the hill she had been standing upon to reach the following scents for the land around her. 

Nearing the borders, she looked around, for anything out of the ordinary. Her nose had never betrayed her before, so there had to be something there. The scent was of Blackfeather, she realised as she drew nearer, so the possibility of a trespasser was pushed away from her mind. 
Suddenly, a yowl rang out from a few meters away, drawing her to witness a mini stand off between a particularly pissed off fox and a white furball, who she realised was actually a pup. She was about to let out a laugh at the notorious predicament the child had gotten into before she realised the danger of the situation. The fox was now circling the pup, looking rather devious but the pup held no fear in it's eyes. 
Who was this kid? She smirked. 

Quickly, she dashed out from behind the shadows, stepping behind the pup as she flashed a malicious snarl at the fox in warning. Nothing dared to mess with her while she was protecting something, for she would go to extreme lengths to keep those she cared for safe. She did not know this pup, but she wouldn't sit by and watch it get handed it's ass by a fox, of all things. In the future who knew how the pup would react if it found out it got beat up by a fox, she wouldn't let such a thing damage it's self esteem even if the situation would have ended bloody if she did intervene.
the only way to keep your people loyal is
to make certain they fear you more than they do the enemy
Messages In This Thread
Back then, when I stupidly took pride - by Xan - October 07, 2015, 05:08 PM
RE: Back then, when I stupidly took pride - by Nemesis - October 07, 2015, 05:28 PM
RE: Back then, when I stupidly took pride - by Xan - October 07, 2015, 06:15 PM
RE: Back then, when I stupidly took pride - by Nemesis - October 07, 2015, 06:40 PM
RE: Back then, when I stupidly took pride - by Xan - October 08, 2015, 12:31 AM
RE: Back then, when I stupidly took pride - by Nemesis - October 09, 2015, 03:28 PM
RE: Back then, when I stupidly took pride - by Xan - October 09, 2015, 04:56 PM
RE: Back then, when I stupidly took pride - by Nemesis - October 09, 2015, 09:09 PM
RE: Back then, when I stupidly took pride - by Xan - October 10, 2015, 04:30 PM
RE: Back then, when I stupidly took pride - by Nemesis - October 11, 2015, 08:11 AM
RE: Back then, when I stupidly took pride - by Xan - October 12, 2015, 04:30 PM
RE: Back then, when I stupidly took pride - by Nemesis - October 13, 2015, 05:11 PM
RE: Back then, when I stupidly took pride - by Xan - October 14, 2015, 05:16 PM
RE: Back then, when I stupidly took pride - by Nemesis - October 18, 2015, 04:24 PM
RE: Back then, when I stupidly took pride - by Xan - October 21, 2015, 06:10 PM
RE: Back then, when I stupidly took pride - by Nemesis - October 22, 2015, 03:22 PM