Phoenix Maplewood You were my courage, my sword and shield
confidence, charisma, character
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
She pushed herself harder than she'd pushed herself in days. The trespasser a few days past had not required this much movement; she'd been a bit imbecilic, in the alpha female's mind, and had stood there while the pack closed in. Regipre was smarter, to the coyote's credit, and fleeter of foot than Saena could hope to be in her condition. Her wounds weren't healed enough for full mobility. Slowly but surely, despite her determination, she began to fall behind.

But Vega and Ashka were still in pursuit. It was anyone's game, and she had full confidence one of them would catch the slippery little bitch before she got too far. Saena panted raggedly, screwed up her face through the pain, and broke from the borders with an uneven drumming of her paws. She would need to favour her injured leg soon, and she would fall even further behind then.

Just as she was about to call off the chase, recognizing that the coyote had the advantage on flatter ground, Regipre fell. It was like something out of a cartoon. Had the situation not been so serious, the alpha female would be rolling with laughter, but instead her heart surged with hope and she forced herself to go faster, to try to close that gap and dispatch Reggie before she had the opportunity to tell the world about Phoenix Maplewood and bring war to their doorstep.

Could the coyote do it? Probably not, but the alpha female certainly worried that she could.
Messages In This Thread
You were my courage, my sword and shield - by Saēna - October 18, 2015, 02:09 PM
RE: You were my courage, my sword and shield - by Regipre - October 18, 2015, 02:31 PM
RE: You were my courage, my sword and shield - by Saēna - October 18, 2015, 02:38 PM
RE: You were my courage, my sword and shield - by Ashka - October 18, 2015, 02:50 PM
RE: You were my courage, my sword and shield - by Regipre - October 18, 2015, 02:51 PM
RE: You were my courage, my sword and shield - by Saēna - October 18, 2015, 03:01 PM
RE: You were my courage, my sword and shield - by Ashka - October 18, 2015, 06:04 PM
RE: You were my courage, my sword and shield - by Regipre - October 18, 2015, 09:14 PM
RE: You were my courage, my sword and shield - by Saēna - October 22, 2015, 08:31 PM
RE: You were my courage, my sword and shield - by Ashka - November 07, 2015, 12:27 PM
RE: You were my courage, my sword and shield - by Regipre - November 08, 2015, 06:54 PM
RE: You were my courage, my sword and shield - by Saēna - November 09, 2015, 08:50 PM