Redhawk Caldera Kangaroo court
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
When he howled back, she jumped, then laughed at herself. She realized her muscles were almost painfully tense and she tried to relax. Her brother's opinion meant so much to her and it was time to face the music. Much as she tried, Wildfire could not coax her muscles to obey her will. She gave up just as Nightjar strode up to her, her entire body momentarily going rigid but then softening slightly when she saw his happy body language.

"Hey NJ, I need to talk to you," Wildfire began, her heart suddenly skipping a beat. It really was now or never. Why did she feel a sudden and almost overwhelming sense of foreboding? Why did her chest hurt? Trying to ignore these things, the youth got straight to the point. "When Aunt Flea went missing, my friends Charon and Floki helped me look for her. I told them I owed them and they asked me to join their new pack. It's called Moonspear and it's not far from here. I haven't made a decision yet but I think I may end up going there. I remember mom and dad telling me how upset their pack mates at the plateau were when they left abruptly, so I wanted to make sure I gave everyone the heads up."

Realizing she was babbling, Wildfire clapped her mouth shut and dug her upper teeth into her bottom lip. She was having a hard time dragging her eyes to Nightjar's face but she forced herself. Simultaneously, she braced herself for the displeasure she sensed coming, all the while hoping her brother would surprise her with a positive reaction.

Feel free to have him cut her off mid-ramble. ;)
Messages In This Thread
Kangaroo court - by Wildfire - October 26, 2015, 08:56 AM
RE: Kangaroo court - by Nightjar - October 26, 2015, 09:58 AM
RE: Kangaroo court - by Wildfire - October 26, 2015, 10:06 AM
RE: Kangaroo court - by Nightjar - October 26, 2015, 10:16 AM
RE: Kangaroo court - by Wildfire - October 26, 2015, 10:26 AM
RE: Kangaroo court - by Nightjar - October 26, 2015, 02:55 PM
RE: Kangaroo court - by Wildfire - October 26, 2015, 03:35 PM
RE: Kangaroo court - by Nightjar - October 26, 2015, 04:10 PM
RE: Kangaroo court - by Wildfire - October 26, 2015, 04:22 PM