Silvertip Mountain Severed souls
uncurbed, unreined, and riderless
327 Posts
Ooc — Em
As though a magician had created an optical illusion, his Dad exited the den and stared directly in his direction. Eyes a duller shade of orange burned back at him. Bar the few extra blemished, it was like he was looking at a mirror image of himself in a few years’ time. Mason gulped in air as a heady silence lingered over the scene. He could see Fitz’s tail moving gently from side to side – a good sign. It appeared he was not going to hold any grudges.

Mason watched his father approach, his body slowly adopting a submissive posture through instinct alone. All of his thoughts were on how to get the words out of his mouth. What words would he choose? How could he explain this? Did he tell the whole truth and risk his Dad kicking him out for daring to think about Zaria in a non-friendly way? 

Too young to have real sexual desire, it was hard for Mason to really know what he did feel for Zaria. He merely knew that he thought as highly of her as he did his family, but in a different kind of way. It wasn’t real love, but it was as decent an imitation as his youth could allow. 

His father’s voice sounded cracked and hollow, like a large twig being stepped on by a giant bear. He knew he had hurt his father, and now that he had had time to think about his actions, this hurt almost as much as it did to know his father had hurt him. What a vicious circle, brought about by fate. “I-…” Mason breathed the words ever so softly, taking a hesitant step closer to show that he was intent on making amends, rather than expecting Fitz to come to him.a He stumbled over the words, a whine accompanying them without any attempt to quell it. 

He wished now he could take back all of his feelings. He would give almost anything not to feel this way. Unfortunately it didn’t seem to be as simple, and it was a hard thing for a 6 month old to wrestle with on his own. He resolved that he would have to tell his Dad the truth. Deep down in his heart he knew that he didn’t risk alienation – Fitz loved him too much to do that.

“I wish… I didn’t feel the way I feel.” Three-toned ears drooped miserably alongside his wide-set eyes, and he peered up at FitzDutiful like a whipped puppy. One socked paw slowly edged forwards to touch his father’s toes in supplication.
Messages In This Thread
Severed souls - by Mason - October 28, 2015, 07:03 AM
RE: Severed souls - by FitzDutiful - November 04, 2015, 04:11 AM
RE: Severed souls - by Mason - November 04, 2015, 08:56 AM
RE: Severed souls - by FitzDutiful - November 07, 2015, 03:30 PM
RE: Severed souls - by Mason - November 07, 2015, 07:03 PM
RE: Severed souls - by FitzDutiful - November 12, 2015, 06:23 AM
RE: Severed souls - by Mason - November 16, 2015, 11:46 AM
RE: Severed souls - by FitzDutiful - November 16, 2015, 02:49 PM
RE: Severed souls - by Mason - November 21, 2015, 03:34 AM
RE: Severed souls - by FitzDutiful - November 23, 2015, 08:38 AM
RE: Severed souls - by Mason - December 07, 2015, 05:11 AM