Flycatcher Downs i forgot softness, it did not serve me
9 Posts
Ooc — Amy
Prints followed Bastien, the weight of his worries imprinted softly in the small layer of snow. The sharp smell of a pack lingered in the air, though the suns and moons had faded its threatening state. The pack it belonged to was gone...but not far. The male knew the area enough. They weren't gone. They would be back. But it was that thought alone that made his heart race ever so slightly. He wanted to head uphill and make his way to the wind, a high spot where he could see the world...and its dangers.

His ears perked as he padded cautiously through the claimed area. Every noise that came to him made him jump. A pack of cougars is no joke for a lone wolf. A pack of any sort is no joke, even. The male never knew where he was going, and didn't always know where he was. But that was the love of the loner. It was the unspoken rule. Forward was the only thing you needed.

His goal was the prairie ahead, but it would take him quite a while to traverse. And in order to get there he had to climb the rocky flats that separated the plains and the prairies.  Knowing his luck he would need to rest at the flats before moving forward. Bastien wasn't one who liked to sit around and wait for a better moment to travel. It was growing colder faster, and the sky clouded over him in dull colors. It would only get colder.

The clearing before him stretched for what seemed forever, but at the end of his vision he could see a rocky face forming, growing taller as he approached. And taller...taller still. A strong gust blew his way, his nostrils flared and his eyes burrow. With a sudden halt, he front legs bent, eyes searching the flats. From above he could see just the tiniest flicker of movement. A tan or brown figure moved swiftly. It was headed his way, but if they kept their directions they would pass each other. He closed his eyes and lifted his nose, sniffing the air carefully. It was alone...wolf...female. Was she was headed for the scent of the cougars...Surely not...and surely not alone.

The male stood motionless briefly before letting out a howl, resting back on his haunches. The tone of his call was undeniably neutral. Bastien changed his course, heading slowly but cautiously in the direction of the figure.
Messages In This Thread
i forgot softness, it did not serve me - by Root - December 12, 2015, 11:52 PM
RE: i forgot softness, it did not serve me - by Bastien - December 13, 2015, 12:17 AM
RE: i forgot softness, it did not serve me - by Root - December 13, 2015, 01:46 PM
RE: i forgot softness, it did not serve me - by Bastien - December 13, 2015, 03:47 PM
RE: i forgot softness, it did not serve me - by Root - December 17, 2015, 11:36 PM
RE: i forgot softness, it did not serve me - by Bastien - December 23, 2015, 01:43 AM
RE: i forgot softness, it did not serve me - by Root - December 24, 2015, 11:44 PM