Blackfeather Woods A Corpse in My Bed
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
It wasn't a surprise when Kove asked her to look out for his son, it seemed she had been offically branded the Nanny title since there was nobody else to do the job. Honestly, she had no clue what they were thinking or what they hoped to come out of it. She was not the best role model or sociable of the pack, her caregiving skills were practically nonexistent and she tortured people in her spare time, for heaven's sake! Yet, she would not refuse the task, nor back down to any challenges that would arise. Xan was.. tolerable. To a certain point. She had no idea how to get through to him or give any sort of insight, her feelings hardly extended to others on that kind of emotional scale. Somehow, she would deal. She always did, no matter the circumstances. 

"Well, it's not like i'm a very good role model. Yet, I've been hired for my nonexistent nannying skills by Burke, there must be some hidden force of good left in me" She could only sigh in amusement at the ironic fact of while training to become an Assassin, she babysat in her free time. "I'd be happy to, it's not like he hasn't become attached to me already" She absentmindedly joked.  Nevertheless, she would have looked out for him anyways. The boy caused too much ruckus in her neighborhood for her not to notice.

At some level, she could resonate with him. While the boy put on a brave face, perhaps there was a gap in his heart where is mother was absent. While she would never fill that gap, she would do her best to smooth it over and repair what was left before it frayed and tarned and turned into something unruly and hazardous. The absence of both parents emotionally had cause her to become something else, she could only wish Xan did not fall into the dark abyss of hatred. While it was something she would always carry with her, she would never wish it upon the boy. It was a vile thing and no soul should bear to have it.

It seemed Kove had a history of his own, the same as all who wandered to Blackfeather. Some part of her wanted to know, but she was not one to question the past. Some liked theirs hidden, as she did.

At the mention of a new mate, a new feeling tinged her heart, causing herself to inwardly grow greatly alarmed. She had never thought of a mate before, nor what it was like to have that kind of relationship. Sure, it was someone you could rely on, trust, care for blah blah blah. To her it seemed weak. But something felt different. Ignoring the strange feeling, she refocused her attention back to the subject. 
"Well, he is a fighter, maybe too much for his own good right now but he is strong; I can see that. He will be fine, I think " She said, remembering the time he had tried to pick a fight with an adult fox. "He is lucky to have you. After my conversation with him, I think he may just idolize you now" Recounting her words about how Kove was one of the greats, in her opinion. And of course it was true. To be apart of the Dark Brotherhood was a great honour that she strived to achieve, and perhaps one day Xan would too.

I was sooo tempted to write that her explanation to feelings was sorcery, oml xD
the only way to keep your people loyal is
to make certain they fear you more than they do the enemy
Messages In This Thread
A Corpse in My Bed - by Kove - October 27, 2015, 04:34 PM
RE: A Corpse in My Bed - by Nemesis - October 27, 2015, 06:28 PM
RE: A Corpse in My Bed - by Kove - October 27, 2015, 11:18 PM
RE: A Corpse in My Bed - by Nemesis - November 06, 2015, 04:16 PM
RE: A Corpse in My Bed - by Kove - November 12, 2015, 10:39 PM
RE: A Corpse in My Bed - by Nemesis - November 19, 2015, 04:37 PM
RE: A Corpse in My Bed - by Kove - November 22, 2015, 09:25 PM
RE: A Corpse in My Bed - by Nemesis - December 15, 2015, 06:16 PM
RE: A Corpse in My Bed - by Kove - December 18, 2015, 05:23 PM