Lost Creek Hollow The Warmth That Thaws a Soul
my rap is a harpoon
51 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
tagging @Mordecai , @Harlyn & @Luke so a leader can hop in here :D and that's perfectly ok! sometimes i write novels of fluff, lol so there's never any obligation to match my post length. c;

“Oh,” The dragon said, ears falling slightly when the stranger admitted that he'd been seeking shelter only because he had burn scars on his back that stung when the snow hit them. It made him feel bad about chiding him on diving for the shelter, assuming that he simply hadn't wanted to endure the snow. Knowing there was a reason — and a sound one at that — made Lagon feel like an idiot for assuming but he still, regardless, didn't recommend the other seek the shadows of the shelter. It might not set a good first impression, and there might be days where it snowed nonstop, he couldn't hide for days on end and not contribute anything to the pack. “Wow, only three?” This confirmed what he'd been told: that they were typically loners or that their “packs” were extremely small. Lagon couldn't name off the top of his head how many wolves that Naga Veil Forest had been home to. Over ten, at the very least — and that was just adults.

“Siku? I'm Ancalagon, but you can call me Lagon, everyone does.” 'Lagon' was just so much easier to say and the young dragon had gotten used to hearing the nickname so much that if someone decided to formally address him as “Anacalagon” he might not be sure how to respond to it. Their gaze met for a brief second, a graze of glacier blue against fervid red. “Well you have to earn the scout trade it's not really a position. Our “positions” are ranks like I'm an Epsilon but I'm trying to earn the guardian trade. It's not really required but having special skills that help contribute to the pack, like being a good scout, does help your case.” Lagon explained patiently. It was kind of like explaining it to a child even though Siku was clearly not a child. If anything he was probably older than the young dragon who had only recently hit his year mark. 

“I'll go ahead and call for them,” Lagon assured moments before his muzzle tilted skywards and he let out a howl meant for one of the Hollow's three leaders, informing them vaguely that they had someone interested at joining at their borders. “It shouldn't take one of them too long to make their way here. I'm not sure who will respond, Harlyn, Mordecai — who are our alpha pair, or Luke, the pack's Beta. I don't think it'll take them all night to decide. I'll relay what you've told me, but y'know just be honest and respectful and they might have a few questions that I forgot to ask though you pretty much answered all of my questions before I could ask them,” Lagon offered him a cheeky smile, to prove that he wasn't mad and that, in fact, he'd appreciated cutting right to the chase. It had saved them a lot of time. “I'll stick around in the background.” He wasn't the type to just leave a scene he'd intercepted, plus if he did forget anything it would probably benefit him to watch how the process went down (his own interview had been kind of a blur), plus if Siku did win the leader(s) approval then Lagon could give him the tour and maybe catch him something to eat because the poor coywolf looked like he could seriously benefit from a good meal.
Messages In This Thread
The Warmth That Thaws a Soul - by Siku Wolf - December 18, 2015, 09:03 PM
RE: The Warmth That Thaws a Soul - by Ancalagon - December 19, 2015, 06:31 AM
RE: The Warmth That Thaws a Soul - by Siku Wolf - December 19, 2015, 01:14 PM
RE: The Warmth That Thaws a Soul - by Ancalagon - December 19, 2015, 06:20 PM
RE: The Warmth That Thaws a Soul - by Siku Wolf - December 19, 2015, 10:48 PM
RE: The Warmth That Thaws a Soul - by Ancalagon - December 20, 2015, 07:47 AM
RE: The Warmth That Thaws a Soul - by Mordecai - December 20, 2015, 01:54 PM
RE: The Warmth That Thaws a Soul - by Siku Wolf - December 20, 2015, 03:48 PM
RE: The Warmth That Thaws a Soul - by Ancalagon - December 20, 2015, 04:09 PM
RE: The Warmth That Thaws a Soul - by Mordecai - December 22, 2015, 06:25 PM
RE: The Warmth That Thaws a Soul - by Siku Wolf - December 23, 2015, 12:31 AM