Phoenix Maplewood Don't forget that I'm human
confidence, charisma, character
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
She chuckled as her husband went on a tiny rant about how difficult sex would be, but beneath her attempted lightheartedness, there was a miserable pang of guilt. What if she went into season before she was fully healed? Though what had transpired was an accident, she suddenly felt stupid and selfish for going so far and allowing it to happen, and the fear of losing their opportunity to begin a family began creeping up into her breast. Her heart fluttered and her ears pressed slowly back. There would never be a Milo or an Indra if she didn't heal, and so her resolve was set. If it took leaving border duty to others and not traveling far for a while, Saena would do whatever was necessary to heal before it was too late.

Before she could be consumed by misery, Reek filled her in on what she'd missed, and though she was glad to hear that Scarlett was healing and that someone else had come to call the maplewood home, her focus was on what he'd initially said. "He what?" Saena asked, aghast. She knew very little about Ukko except that he liked to patrol the borders and was freakishly good at intercepting newcomers—in fact, he'd been present for every single one, unbeknownst to her—but she'd never thought him capable of any sort of supreme arrogance. "What'd he do? What'd you do?" Chances were, Reek was at fault somehow. Saena simply couldn't believe that a member of her pack who seemed so keen on proving himself would denounce her hard-working mate unless he'd done something stupid. And yet... she really didn't know much about Ukko after all, so it wasn't entirely impossible that he was a weasel with his eye on Reek's rank. She'd turned Antar away on the belief that he was such a wolf, thought she was good at seeing through their disguises, but perhaps Ukko was very clever. Perhaps it was just a misunderstanding.

She needed to know the details before making that judgment, though an uncomfortable knot formed in her stomach at the mere thought that such a wolf could be hiding right under their noses, waiting to take everything they'd worked for away from them.
Messages In This Thread
Don't forget that I'm human - by Saēna - December 23, 2015, 10:31 AM
RE: Don't forget that I'm human - by Reek - December 23, 2015, 11:05 AM
RE: Don't forget that I'm human - by Saēna - December 23, 2015, 01:01 PM
RE: Don't forget that I'm human - by Reek - December 23, 2015, 01:27 PM
RE: Don't forget that I'm human - by Saēna - December 23, 2015, 01:44 PM
RE: Don't forget that I'm human - by Reek - December 23, 2015, 02:21 PM
RE: Don't forget that I'm human - by Saēna - December 24, 2015, 01:38 PM
RE: Don't forget that I'm human - by Reek - December 24, 2015, 02:44 PM
RE: Don't forget that I'm human - by Saēna - December 25, 2015, 06:46 PM
RE: Don't forget that I'm human - by Reek - December 25, 2015, 08:01 PM
RE: Don't forget that I'm human - by Saēna - December 27, 2015, 03:48 PM