The Wall Heed my inferno
A dragon will never bow down
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
February 15, 2016 - edit; Added an ending to wrap this up.

When her words broke the silence of the mountain, it seemed as if the other female was startled. Right after, the yearling focused her attention on the stranger with a studious gaze, watching for how she might react. When startled, some acted with irrational aggression and, though the dragon appeared to be in better shape physically, Asterr wished not to have such behavior directed her way. With the cold months upon them, she could not afford any injuries to befall her. It would lead to struggles throughout the winter, and may even put her companion at risk if she were to be incapable of protecting him. There was also the matter of her intention to establish a claim on a section of land, which could be hindered if any aspect of her—whether it be physically or mentally—appeared unsound. No one wished to follow the lead of a chieftess who could not even look after herself, for that could signify terrible leadership skills.

After a second or so had passed, the young Draconid found herself able to relax once more. There was no threat to be seen in the way the other held herself, not did she sport a malicious tone in her voice. Instead there came words as soft as a lamb's fleece that, when mixed with the dragon's, set a rather peaceful mood around them. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Luma," the sylphlike individual said, appreciating the chance to converse with another female. It'd felt like ages since she'd last had the privilege of holding a conversation with someone of the same gender as herself, for fate often led her down paths with males stationed at their ends. Truthfully, she did not mind either way just as long as they were capable of holding a decent conversation, but still she could not prevent a joyous feeling from arising within her. "I apologize if I've interrupted your meal," Asterr commented, not forgetting the fact that she'd walked in on the other enjoying a fish of some sort. "I've been scouting out the land, you see, and often forget to take into consideration whoever else might be out here." She resented the fact that she could forget such a thing, but knew there was no way to help it. As long as she remained cautious, she felt it would be fine no matter how many she were to cross paths with, anyways.

Rather than continuing on with their conversation, something surely must have spooked the other female. She'd taken off, leaving the dragoness mystified as to what had drawn her away, but she did not linger for very long on the topic. If it was a life alone that the other sought, then she would not pursue her. Instead, she moved on with her own journey, attentive of her surroundings as she searched for a suitable place of settlement.
You're a mirror with two faces
Two sides, simple as that
Thread titles are from Hyuna’s “How’s This”
Messages In This Thread
Heed my inferno - by Asterr - December 30, 2015, 12:00 AM
RE: Heed my inferno - by Luma - December 30, 2015, 02:23 AM
RE: Heed my inferno - by Asterr - December 30, 2015, 02:56 AM
RE: Heed my inferno - by Luma - December 30, 2015, 02:47 PM
RE: Heed my inferno - by Asterr - December 30, 2015, 06:54 PM