Lost Creek Hollow The Warmth That Thaws a Soul
9 Posts
Ooc — Poe
So sorry for the long wait for the reply, got wrapped up in holiday stuff with the family and haven't had much time to be on.

Siku knew he had crossed a line the instant that Mordecai's lip curled in warning of the breach of conduct. Siku immediately assumed a more docile and respectful posture, averting his gaze and even showing as much of his throat as he could without rolling over onto his back. Siku was terrified that he had ruined his chances at being a member of this pack and was already not looking forward to searching for another when Mordecai asked what else it was that he could do besides scouting and Siku felt a small ray of hope that he may still be accepted.

Siku frantically sifted through his memories searching for anything else there was that he could do that would help get him into the pack. The little ray of hope that Siku had felt earlier was quickly being snuffed out as he realized that there was very little he actually had to offer, the only thing he had ever done as a pup was wander around the land with his mother and that was about it. Just as he was about to give up hope again Siku remembered all the times that they had traveled at night and the way his mother had taught him to use the stars and moon to guide them and plan for nightly hunts when the moon was fullest and gave the most light. Not necessarily a skill that no other wolf had but Siku loved looking at the night sky almost as much as seeing new things and traveling the countryside and he felt that he had at least one or two things to share with the wolves. "I can use the stars and moon to guide me on nightly ranges!", Siku blurted out quickly, "I know it's probably not what you're looking for but what good is information I get scouting if I get lost on the way back during the night in unfamiliar territory? I also know a little about the stories of certain star-signs and patterns and what those mean to wolves born within those time periods. Now that I'm saying it, I realize how very little a hungry pack would need skills like that.".  Siku ended quietly, it had started as such a good idea and suddenly had taken such a deep drop to a very bad offer. "Stories of star-signs?! How could I be so damn stupid?" "That's about the only other thing that I could offer Mordecai." Siku was very careful to keep his gaze averted and retain a respectful pose, fearing even to move a single hair of his tail.
Messages In This Thread
The Warmth That Thaws a Soul - by Siku Wolf - December 18, 2015, 09:03 PM
RE: The Warmth That Thaws a Soul - by Ancalagon - December 19, 2015, 06:31 AM
RE: The Warmth That Thaws a Soul - by Siku Wolf - December 19, 2015, 01:14 PM
RE: The Warmth That Thaws a Soul - by Ancalagon - December 19, 2015, 06:20 PM
RE: The Warmth That Thaws a Soul - by Siku Wolf - December 19, 2015, 10:48 PM
RE: The Warmth That Thaws a Soul - by Ancalagon - December 20, 2015, 07:47 AM
RE: The Warmth That Thaws a Soul - by Mordecai - December 20, 2015, 01:54 PM
RE: The Warmth That Thaws a Soul - by Siku Wolf - December 20, 2015, 03:48 PM
RE: The Warmth That Thaws a Soul - by Ancalagon - December 20, 2015, 04:09 PM
RE: The Warmth That Thaws a Soul - by Mordecai - December 22, 2015, 06:25 PM
RE: The Warmth That Thaws a Soul - by Siku Wolf - December 23, 2015, 12:31 AM