Lost Creek Hollow i know what i was feeling, but what was i thinking
563 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
I'm going super wolf with this so we'll see how it works lol

Had she realized that Luke was gone?  As Harlyn dashed through the woods towards the panicked calls, she couldn't be certain she really had.  Certainly she had been avoiding him after their last encounter.  It was clearly too dangerous for them to be together while she was in the thralls of her heat, and so she'd made a mental note to steer her paths away from any that Luke had traced through the territory.  She should have realized that it had been inexplicably easier than it ought to have been were the beta actually around, but she would have had to allow her thoughts to be on him in the first place to notice, and it was there also in her mind that she had refused his presence to the best of her ability.

As Harlyn came upon the scene, none of it mattered.  Her heart crept up into her throat at the sight.  It was too hauntingly familiar and a sense of dread threatened to engross her.  But before it swallowed her whole, the healer sucked in a deep, cleansing breath, and pushed the dark feelings away with the mental calmness that she had perfected after so many years of practicing her skill.  She barely spared Mordecai or Ilya a glance as she approached, her posture rising dominantly as she stared at her bristling patient.  Fear might drive him to panic and attack those he would never have raised a claw against, and so Harlyn rose to remind him that no matter how much pain he was in, she was still in charge.

The druid gazed at him without threat, meeting his eyes calmly to communicate with her body what she knew she would fail to communicate with her words given the primal state her beta was in.  A low growl echoed from her chest briefly, but the flash of a backwards glance towards the other two signaled that it was for them - an order for them both to step back.  A little submission from them certainly wouldn't hurt either.  She was loathe to demand it of her co-alpha to whom she usually herself would submit, but they were equals at the core.  A little give and take on either side was part of the deal, which Harlyn hoped her mate would remember in such a tense moment.

The flash of acknowledgement to Mordecai and Ilya was brief, and the next instant she had quieted and taken one more step towards Luke.  She would hold then with her gaze steady and calm until he settled down enough for her to tend to him.
Messages In This Thread
i know what i was feeling, but what was i thinking - by Luke - December 27, 2015, 01:31 PM
RE: i know what i was feeling, but what was i thinking - by Harlyn - January 07, 2016, 11:46 AM