Sleeping Dragon the things i do for love
with fire in her veins
262 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Gyda's eyes snapped to Thuringwethil as she cut Lucani off, growling at Gyda to let her go. Traitor. Gyda asked herself if that was what she considered Lucani. She didn't think so. Lucani hadn't done anything wrong, technically. She wanted to leave because she did not feel worthy enough to stay. She had not sold them out, or done anything to put the Dragon in danger as far as the viking queen could see. As her rage subsided in it's wake crashed sorrow. Gyda was reluctant to let go, and when her stubbornness finally ebbed it was not because Thuringwethil had told her to do so. It was because it was what Lucani wanted, though Gyda wished she could have had the time to try to convince her to stay. Lucani's departure would leave the Dragon without a healer, Thuringwethil had seen to it; and Gyda would be without a midwife and beyond that felt like she was losing a friend.“May the Gods watch over you on your travels, Lucani.” Though Gyda did not know if the other woman believed in such things it was a token of thanks from the viking queen for what Lucani had done for the Dragon.

Thus she turned to Thuringwethil, a spark of anger within the depths of her icy caribbean eyes. “In your anger you have denied her the chance to pass along her knowledge to me and left the Dragon without a healer,” Though Gyda felt that Thuringwethil would eventually come to realize this. She disagreed with Thuringwethil's choice to immediately lash out and banish Lucani from their borders and she intended to let it be known. “you better hope Reek has a healer he can offer us. If we go to war we will need one.” Unbeknownst to the viking queen Reek himself was a healer; but Gyda was hesitant about the whole coalition as it was, unsure if Reek would deliver on the promises he made in exchange for the Dragon's protection. With that Gyda strode off not wanting to argue. It was done and there was nothing either of them could do to undo it but Gyda was Thuringwethil's equal and she was going to let her opinion known whether Heda liked it or not.

gyda's exit
and armor underneath her skin
who crushes the world beneath her feet
Messages In This Thread
the things i do for love - by Lucani - April 12, 2016, 07:21 AM
RE: the things i do for love - by Gyda - April 12, 2016, 06:50 PM
RE: the things i do for love - by Antumbra - April 12, 2016, 08:38 PM
RE: the things i do for love - by Lucani - April 13, 2016, 03:19 AM
RE: the things i do for love - by Gyda - April 15, 2016, 05:12 PM
RE: the things i do for love - by Antumbra - April 15, 2016, 08:12 PM
RE: the things i do for love - by Lucani - April 16, 2016, 02:56 AM
RE: the things i do for love - by Gyda - April 17, 2016, 06:16 AM