Sleeping Dragon but stars burn out, my dear, and everything golden dies
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Thuringwethil sat up to receive the gifts, though Wildfire did not emulate her. She remained flush with the floor, listening to the quiet noises of flesh being torn from the carcass, then ground between sharp teeth and swallowed. She let out a long, low breath. Her mind still grappled with the morning's promise of violence, yet strangely Wildfire found herself almost more caught up in her peculiarly fierce attachment to the black she-wolf before her.

At length, the Heda spoke, her voice soft, explanatory and almost apologetic. Wildfire blinked and looked up at her briefly before letting her amber gaze fall sideways. Her tongue scraped the back of her teeth as she tried to form words, eventually saying rather lamely, "I know..." She paused, thoughts buffering. Truthfully, she didn't know much of anything about this war.

She had decided to keep her mouth shut and do what she was told at the meeting, yet here in the privacy of the leader's chamber, Wildfire decided to voice her silent thoughts after all. "Maybe..." she began, then halted before trying again. "Is it beyond the point of mediation? I'm an ambassador and I know both Saena and Luke. If there's any way I can help with a more peaceful solution..." Wildfire felt heat creeping beneath her skin, letting her voice die away in her throat.
Messages In This Thread
RE: but stars burn out, my dear, and everything golden dies - by Wildfire - April 18, 2016, 05:35 PM