Sleeping Dragon but stars burn out, my dear, and everything golden dies
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Her skin prickled and Wildfire realized she feared raising the other woman's ire. She flashed back to the handful of times when Floki had gotten angry with her; those situations had been desperately unpleasant. Wildfire swallowed thickly, banishing that thought. If Thuringwethil wound up agitated, she would back down immediately and do as commanded.

But the Heda didn't seem upset, just weary and frustrated with the situation as a whole. Then she offered to let Wildfire accompany her to the front lines after all. The yearling blinked. The idea made her both uncomfortable and afraid, yet it also meant a lot to her that Thuringwethil would even consider it. Strangely, the thought of being near the leader and hopefully contributing to the pack in such a crucial way overrode her hesitations.

"I'd like to come with you," she said quietly to her peets feet. The commander didn't seem entirely hellbent on waging war, so there was always a chance that Wildfire could truly make a difference. This was an opportunity worth taking, as the young diplomat could prove a very useful tool whose mere presence might help both packs avoid unnecessary bloodshed. She thought of Saena's large belly during their last encounter and said, "It's worth a shot."

And now her heart was racing for a whole new set of reasons than just minutes ago. Wildfire tried to focus on the idea of walking beside Thuringwethil, already playing an important part despite only living here a few days. The Heda had saved her life, so this was Wildfire's chance to pay it forward. The fact that it would benefit not only Drageda but also Wildfire's distant bloodline was just an added bonus.
Messages In This Thread
RE: but stars burn out, my dear, and everything golden dies - by Wildfire - April 18, 2016, 06:39 PM