Sleeping Dragon but stars burn out, my dear, and everything golden dies
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Fortunately or unfortunately (depending on how you looked at it), the awkwardness was blown aside as someone blustered suddenly into the den. Wildfire started, whirling to face the new arrival, recognition registering on her face. She blinked, then began to smile, glad to see her young aunt at long last. "M—" she began to say when the other she-wolf blurted out an edgy, incredulous, "What the fuck?" that startled Wildfire into silence.

Now the awkwardness returned with force, even worse than before. Wildfire's lips pressed together as she glanced questioningly at Thuringwethil. The Heda's jaw was set. The yearling then slowly dragged her amber gaze back to Magpie, trying to hide the hurt and confusion on her face. She didn't understand her relative's negative reaction to her presence at all. They had always gotten along so well.

Then it hit her: maybe Magpie was tense because of what was coming? Wildfire let out a low breath, the tension in her own breast easing somewhat at the realization. "I can leave you two alone," she offered, shooting her aunt a crooked smile. "It's good to see you, by the way," she added meekly as she made to step past her and out into the night. Wildfire was honestly sort of grateful she wouldn't have to explain her unprecedented declaration... seeing as she didn't really have one.
Messages In This Thread
RE: but stars burn out, my dear, and everything golden dies - by Wildfire - April 23, 2016, 03:08 PM