Hushed Willows Shaking hands with the dark parts of my thoughts
Sister
Though she be old, she is fearless.
185 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Nova's time to shine <3 (Btw I wasn't sure how old he was and if he was big enough to wander, and Tavi was already back in the den. T_T No choice but to take him.... Lemme know if I should change or not.)

Faint squeaks and the such had drawn Nova closer to the whelping den, who'd been just unable to keep herself any longer. At first, she didn't so much as come within a foot of the entrance. The golden female had no wishes to piss off the newest alpha and mother, but puppies were just so damn cute. When nothing happened, the elder let out a low and friendly chuff.... Still nothing? Well shoot, now she HAD to go in. What if something had happened? She had experience in healing, it was perfectly acceptable for her to be worried. Keeping herself low despite the painful protests of her joints, Nova Rose crept in until she realized the den was empty. Wait, that wasn't right, she could HEAR the puppy, and smell him, but Octavia was nowhere to be seen. Her ghostly eyes peered closer in the dim light, and THERE was the little grey male. She trotted closer, and bent down to sniff him; it was then that she realized he was losing body heat. Where was Tavi, and why had she left her son alone? The elder is fully aware that if she were to come in and see another female curled around her pup, it might mean trouble.... But surely she wouldn't attack when her son was right there? Perhaps she should go looking for the stormy female?
In the end, Nova eventually carried him out of the den. Not far: her own little spot was not far, and it was consiterably warmer than the whelping den. She curled her warm golden body around the tiny little thing, hoping for the millionth time that mama wouldnt be mad that she was caring for the puppy. On the other hand, maybe she would see that Nova was a trustable wolf who really wanted to cuddle puppies? One can only hope.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Shaking hands with the dark parts of my thoughts - by Nova Rose - May 03, 2016, 05:13 PM