Phoenix Maplewood i will take you as food and leave you as famine
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
The Heda did not react favorably to her presence and punctuated her agitated reaction with a silent command to go home. Wildfire blinked, torn between obeying her commander and refusing to leave her in this situation. Before the yearling could decide on which course of action to take, Warbone and the stranger began to square off for a fight. Wildfire sucked in a rapid breath, wondering what on earth they were fighting for exactly—and that's when Thuringwethil's scent hit her nose.

She knew about the birds and the bees, having been heavily exposed to it during her own parents' reproductive cycle, and she remembered the strange scent that had clung to her mother during her heat. It hadn't affected her much, though she'd seen how twitchy it had made the pack's males. Her father had become particularly possessive and aggressive during that time period. This definitely explained the two males' behavior right now, though nothing about this entire situation explained the exquisite dipping and swooping in the pit of Wildfire's belly as her stomach muscles seemed to jump and clench with excitement.

Not sure what to make of it, the yearling swallowed and narrowed her eyes at the pair of brutes even as they readied for a fight. "What, do they think you're some sort of prize that can be won or something?" she muttered under her breath, glancing sidelong at Thuringwethil. She felt that same flare of protectiveness, as well as a decided covetousness that was as clear as day despite making very little sense to her, given the circumstances. She was no horny dude hellbent on fathering offspring, after all...

"Do you really want me to leave?" she added in the next breath, still keeping her voice low, trying to school her expression to avoid giving away all of her mixed emotions. "I want to stay with you," Wildfire said so quietly that practically no noise escaped her barely moving lips.
Messages In This Thread