Redhawk Caldera My mind's a jungle, it's dark and wild
Select all. Delete.
239 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
In an effort to conserve all the energy that he had left, Whip stole away to slowly skulk about the furthest reaches of the rendezvous site as he waited for his father to return with something to fill his aching belly. It was a gamble everyday, and sometimes Whip's hopes were dashed against to rocks by his father returning home with nothing in hand. Being only a pup and not fully understanding the situation, Whip blamed his parents for not providing enough for him to eat -- he blamed them for not satisfying his most basic needs. It was the birthgiver's job, of course— to provide.

Still, when when the family was called, Whip answered by rising from the crudely dug ditch from which he searched for worms, grubs, and anything else that could quell his hunger pains. For a moment, his dirty features lit with joy -- a call such as this usually meant food. When Whip arrived, he found himself correct in his assumption.

An allotment had been layed out for him. Four individual piles for each boy: one of which Whip claimed for his own. The haunch and hind leg of a coyote pup was hardly enough for a growing boy. Whip knew this as soon as he began to tear away at his own ration. He would need more.

As he ate, his eyes first fell on his brother, Ferret, who has smartly began to drag his ration away to eat in safety. The thought of taking Ferret's ration to add to his own pile crossed Whip's mind, but it was soon shelved. Even at a young age, Whip weighed his options carefully. Stealing from Ferret would surely be more trouble than it was worth. He was a wily beast and would most likely put up a fight. The notion was dropped and Whip silently conceded to allow his older brother to eat without bother.

His other siblings however, they were not safe from the child's devious plotting. Next, his gaze fell on the youngest sibling, Peter. He was a much more fitting target: one of which Whip believed he could dominate into securing his ration. With Whip's ration fiercely protected behind him, he approached Peter with his tiny tail lifted high and a scratchy 'errrrrrrr' rumbling from his throat.
Messages In This Thread
RE: My mind's a jungle, it's dark and wild - by Whip - May 26, 2016, 02:22 PM
RE: My mind's a jungle, it's dark and wild - by Ferret - June 01, 2016, 05:28 PM
RE: My mind's a jungle, it's dark and wild - by Peter - June 03, 2016, 04:11 PM
RE: My mind's a jungle, it's dark and wild - by Whip - June 10, 2016, 09:45 PM