Hushed Willows Cause' we're connected!
all you did will be undone
545 Posts
Ooc — Java
Octavia nodded as she listened, even let a thin smile shoot across her face, but it faded as Stark went on. Hearing about the repeated insubordination of the old woman was irritating surely, but more than that, it flew in the face of Octavia's dominant position; she was the one to give orders, and Nova was the one that had to obey them to the exact specifications. Really it should not have surprised her to hear this. The woman did not respect her or even like her, but for the sake of Tambourine's safety, Nova's sole purpose was to deliver one simple message and get the hell away from Reek, and she had failed that. The fur along Tavi's spine prickled as she listened, and she inhaled a long, slow breath - trying to keep calm.

Why couldn't things just go the way they were supposed to

No, don't patrol the borders, she hastily corrected. Reek has seen you and Nova, and if you guys patrol the borders then he'll just have to scout for nearby packs, and once he sees you he'll know where I am. She knew that Stark meant well, though. He was an intelligent and obedient subordinate, but there was something else heh could do for her. But, to make things safer for Tambourine, I'd appreciate if you stuck close to him as much as possible. I trust you with him. It helped that Tam's teeth had begun to sprout, as that would mean less milk and more meat in his diet, so she could be away from him for longer periods - though it killed her.

Maybe it was a leap to entrust the safety of her son to this roguish male, but she saw no other options. Stark seemed capable, trustworthy, and she knew he would defend the boy with tooth and claw if Reek ever came looking for him. As for Nova, I'll... Deal with her. Her tone was flat, but it was obvious that Octavia was utterly done with the behavior of the older wolf.
Messages In This Thread
Cause' we're connected! - by Stark - May 28, 2016, 03:41 PM
RE: Cause' we're connected! - by RIP Tavi - May 28, 2016, 04:08 PM
RE: Cause' we're connected! - by Stark - May 28, 2016, 04:26 PM
RE: Cause' we're connected! - by RIP Tavi - May 28, 2016, 04:35 PM
RE: Cause' we're connected! - by Stark - May 28, 2016, 04:49 PM
RE: Cause' we're connected! - by RIP Tavi - May 29, 2016, 01:54 AM
RE: Cause' we're connected! - by Stark - May 29, 2016, 06:44 AM
RE: Cause' we're connected! - by RIP Tavi - May 29, 2016, 11:36 AM
RE: Cause' we're connected! - by Stark - May 29, 2016, 11:44 AM
RE: Cause' we're connected! - by RIP Tavi - May 29, 2016, 12:15 PM
RE: Cause' we're connected! - by Stark - May 29, 2016, 12:55 PM