Morningside Cuesta Unsteady
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
The yearling's lips twitched into a faint smile at Magpie's use of the term boinking, the nodded and followed her aunt's gaze as she scanned the grassland. "I found several holes," she shared, shifting her weight and pointing with her blackened snout, "that way." She gestured in the direction where she had been standing when she had spotted Magpie. She paused to exchange a quick glance with her hunting partner, then began gliding that way.

Movement in the grass caused Wildfire to hasten her step, then quickly leap into action when she realized it was a young hare bumbling about, nibbling on the fresh spring shoots. It quickly noticed her and began scrambling toward safety, yet the trapper swooped in with deadly speed and accuracy. Her left forepaw came down on the rabbit's back, pinning it to the earth, and her fangs followed within seconds, closing tightly around the back of her prey's neck.

When she lifted it a moment later, the twitching body hung limp from her jaws, blood dripping down to stain its pale underside. She smiled around the kill as she swung to face Magpie again, loping over to drop the warm carcass at her feet as she said, "I learned from the best. You take what you want and I'll grab whatever's left over." She rolled back into her haunches, thrilled to break bread with the very wolf who had introduced her to the fine art of slaying rabbits, way back in the day.

Feel free to conclude + archive! :)
Messages In This Thread
Unsteady - by Wildfire - March 31, 2016, 12:17 PM
RE: Unsteady - by OG Magpie - April 05, 2016, 06:27 PM
RE: Unsteady - by Wildfire - April 06, 2016, 10:36 AM
RE: Unsteady - by OG Magpie - April 06, 2016, 08:03 PM
RE: Unsteady - by Wildfire - April 07, 2016, 09:16 AM
RE: Unsteady - by OG Magpie - April 25, 2016, 10:25 PM
RE: Unsteady - by Wildfire - April 26, 2016, 10:16 AM
RE: Unsteady - by OG Magpie - May 07, 2016, 05:08 PM
RE: Unsteady - by Wildfire - May 09, 2016, 08:43 AM
RE: Unsteady - by OG Magpie - May 27, 2016, 11:53 AM