Hushed Willows Have I been blessed?
39 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Jenabbi was big, but she wasn't stupid. This was a hungry land, and even she might start to look like fair game to a wolf pack. Although such suffering usually evoked in her a powerful compassion, she could only find herself feeling grateful that the wolves here were too weak to take her on. That would change as the territory healed itself, but she hoped that - by then - the wolves would find easier, more abundant prey than herself.

For now, she tried to keep to herself. She wasn't at her best, after all. She'd been hungrier, of course, but this was bad enough. Her back was always aching from having to bend and eat the fledgling grass - there were no leaves on the trees to satisfy her hunger. She pitied the males of her kind, who had their heavy antlers to contend with by now. Again, she wondered if she would foal this year, or if she should wait until the world had regained some semblance of order.

Vision clouded by her thoughts, she almost didn't notice the sad pile of wolf until she was upon it.

"Oh, just my luck," she sighed, looking down at the toothy creature. "I advise against trying to eat me - moose are dangerous with or without antlers."
Messages In This Thread
Have I been blessed? - by Shikoba - June 06, 2016, 11:28 AM
RE: Have I been blessed? - by Jenabbi - June 06, 2016, 01:01 PM
RE: Have I been blessed? - by Shikoba - June 12, 2016, 06:11 PM
RE: Have I been blessed? - by Jenabbi - June 13, 2016, 09:11 AM