Silver Creek Hello from the Other Side
239 Posts
Ooc — Lia
Away
He noted the bristling of her hackles as their eyes met for the small time they had. He took note of this, that she was sensitive to any sign of aggression. Maybe it had to do with his size, he was a large wolf. Maybe it had to do with his gender. It could have been both. Perhaps still it was something within her own self. She was around his age, perhaps leadership was new on her shoulders and she was wary of any threats to her title. Whatever the reason, he made a point to not glance into her eyes again. He, of course, couldn't know of the pack's history, nor the danger the pack might be in.

He dipped his head to her greeting, keeping his posture unthreatening. At hearing they had recently relocated, he was slightly confused and definitely interested. He  had noted her pause, the flash of thoughts over her face before she had spoken the word relocation. He would not press her for details, though he did not hide the interest or wonder from his face. It would be clear he wanted to ask, that he was clueless of whatever had transpired to cause such. He nodded in reply to her words, glancing towards the territory itself. "Your lands certainly seem lovely, Alpha Spring." He refined his speech, deciding that perhaps she wanted more politeness from him in this moment, less flirty and joking. 

"Now that I have spoken to you, I believe I am. I had originally simply wanted to learn more about the pack, that's why I waited here to catch someone's eye." He couldn't keep the smirk of his face, though, the charming little smile. But he reigned himself in. There would be time enough to charm and shamelessly flirt once other's learned her meant no harm by it. Besides, though he smelled no male on her fur he couldn't be sure Spring wasn't spoken for and he certainly didn't want to insult the alpha male he was attempting to join under. "Talking to you about the pack though, you seem a decent wolf. I have seen far too many wolves in leadership with questionable morals, though. I wanted to be sure I wouldn't be pledging myself to a tyrant, a brute. But I don't think I would be, not if you are the leader." His eyes flashed with some remembered pain, and he nodded his head, serious for a moment.

He was making an assumption, of course, for there was nothing to stop Spring from being a cruel beast as a leader. He didn't think she was though, not have rule young as she was. She seemed capable, smart. "If you could promise me that, then Silver Creek most certainly seems the place for me, Alpha Spring." He dipped his head lower this time, more submissively, and bent slightly lower. He was not unwilling to show deference to her, but he wasn't sure an outright submission was what she wanted here. Had she asked it, he'd gladly offer his muzzle or scruff for her to grip,  or display his belly (however degrading that act may be). He just didn't know how her pack did things. For some, a sharing of scent was enough, others required the full and formal submission but in his experience, the formal submission had to be asked for. He was not being purposely rude or resistant, just ignorant of their customs.
Messages In This Thread
Hello from the Other Side - by Heston - June 19, 2016, 06:14 PM
RE: Hello from the Other Side - by Spring - June 19, 2016, 09:09 PM
RE: Hello from the Other Side - by Heston - June 19, 2016, 10:53 PM
RE: Hello from the Other Side - by Spring - June 20, 2016, 11:49 PM
RE: Hello from the Other Side - by Heston - June 21, 2016, 07:00 PM
RE: Hello from the Other Side - by Spring - June 21, 2016, 09:52 PM
RE: Hello from the Other Side - by Heston - June 22, 2016, 05:26 PM
RE: Hello from the Other Side - by Spring - June 24, 2016, 09:04 AM
RE: Hello from the Other Side - by Heston - June 24, 2016, 10:35 PM
RE: Hello from the Other Side - by Spring - June 27, 2016, 04:18 PM
RE: Hello from the Other Side - by Heston - June 27, 2016, 07:37 PM