Sleeping Dragon entangled bank
with fire in her veins
262 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Her lips parted as he dropped the kill at her feet, and while she supposed it should not have come as a surprise to her, nevertheless it did. She fidgeted slightly, saliva pooling in her mouth as she lowered her head towards it to inhale it's scent before she looked back up at him, taking him in. She knew the extra effort the Dragons were making to ensure that she was fed. Perhaps they saw it as their duty to her but Gyda only saw it as a kindness. They were all starving and at times, she felt guilty as she toyed with the knowledge that she may very well be the best fed out of them all. No one complained — at least not to the viking queen's face, anyhow. For some reason her heart felt like it was in her throat though not of guilt. Of gratitude instead, accompanied by a soft flutter of warmth in her stomach as she studied him. Perhaps it was her spiked hormones and at times overly emotional state but she couldn't be sure. She was fond of the grounder, of course, but this felt different. Naturally, there was no way for her to tell, in her current state, that it wasn't just an emotion tied to the children he had blessed her with, sure that it could easily be brushed off in her state. So, she kept it to herself.

“Thank you,” Gyda accepted his catch with grace and a small pang of guilt. Yet, it truly wasn't her fault. It wasn't as if Gavriel and her had known a famine would hit. One day everything had been fine and the next everything was far from fine; and at this point Gyda tried to do the best she could running off her very knowledge of her pregnant step-mother. Of course, their cases were largely different though. Nerian hadn't been enduring a famine while she carried Ragnar's offspring. “Would you split it with me?” Gyda inquired. It felt like the right thing to offer even if she suspected he might turn her down. "I must confess I feel guilty for the offerings everyone brings me." And it was true. Her children were her world but so were her subordinates and that was a hard tight rope to balance upon.
and armor underneath her skin
who crushes the world beneath her feet
Messages In This Thread
entangled bank - by Gavriel - June 03, 2016, 11:38 AM
RE: entangled bank - by Gyda - June 03, 2016, 07:07 PM
RE: entangled bank - by Gavriel - June 20, 2016, 04:51 PM
RE: entangled bank - by Gyda - June 28, 2016, 02:59 PM
RE: entangled bank - by Gavriel - July 05, 2016, 06:25 AM