King Elk Forest drive my heart into the night
i'd raise the sea in your name
112 Posts
Ooc — torvi
There was a slight tremble to his paws — that he could not so easily hide reclining as he did, as she'd asked him to. Her body was tense he noted as he snapped from the flashback, and he cringed as he realized that he had caused the tension in her shoulders, in each muscle tightly coiled as if, perhaps, she were ready to flee; yet gradually her posture straightened and his lowered in a stab of sorrow. Something he had not felt since he'd been commanded to steal a small, helpless child from her home, from everything she'd loved and knew. “I'm sorry,” Ghost rasped to her, afraid that she might be angry with him...because The Officer would have been. Emotions were weak. Sorrow, pain, regret, love they are all things that made a man weak. Or so that was how The Officer had told it to him.

He looked up at her, perplexed, when she asked what plan he had. Plan? He had nothing. He'd had nothing since he'd taken his teeth to The Officer's throat. There was never any plan of his own conception — he was a dog. He followed orders to appease his master. That was all Ghost was and without his master he'd been lost. No, he looked to her for a plan. She'd seized the chain, she'd passed his test. She commanded him, for she had proven herself worthy of him, of his loyalty. “I have no home.” Ghost admitted, thinking that he hadn't had a home even with The Officer. They moved often, except when Ghost was on the job but those packs had never been home. He'd never gotten attached enough to allow one to become it — and when the execution had gone through Ghost left abruptly.

He'd been a vagabond for a long time and attatchments were messy, and they left you broken in the end.
you are my sun and i am your moon
helplessly, irrevocably drawn to you
there is nothing i wouldn't do for you
Messages In This Thread
drive my heart into the night - by Buchanan - July 10, 2016, 07:22 PM
RE: drive my heart into the night - by Phiipa - July 11, 2016, 10:40 AM
RE: drive my heart into the night - by Buchanan - July 11, 2016, 12:18 PM
RE: drive my heart into the night - by Phiipa - July 13, 2016, 09:20 AM
RE: drive my heart into the night - by Buchanan - July 13, 2016, 12:46 PM
RE: drive my heart into the night - by Phiipa - July 14, 2016, 05:37 PM
RE: drive my heart into the night - by Buchanan - July 14, 2016, 06:42 PM
RE: drive my heart into the night - by Phiipa - July 14, 2016, 06:55 PM