King Elk Forest drive my heart into the night
i'd raise the sea in your name
112 Posts
Ooc — torvi
She assured him that he wasn't to blame and yet he was and he knew it. He should have better control, but she hadn't known that he would get a flashback and Ghost refused to allow her to shoulder the blame. β€œYou didn't know,” Ghost countered. β€œI could have warned you-” He bit lightly down on his tongue, unwilling to say more. He could have warned her β€” he should have! β€” but either way he would have suffered a flashback. He avoided talking about his docked tail and how it had came about because the time-lines blurred and his current reality merged with a reality long since passed. Unfortunate as it was, however, it seemed to be a point of interest for many if only because he hadn't been born with it docked and that was visibly apparent. They might not be able to see the scarring that lay beneath the fur that had grown over it but it was obvious even so. β€œI should have warned you, I'm sorry.” But now she knew and hopefully they would not find themselves on the topic again.

Her question perplexed Ghost who averted his eyes when her gaze touched his own. He could never look The Officer in the eyes and without knowing anything different than the only parental figure Ghost had really had's cruelty he applied the same submissions to Phiipa. Did he need her? Yes; but she appeared to be asking him more if he wanted her because she appeared to want his opinion, but even so he struggled again, unsure how to proceed responding to her. His opinion didn't matter and that wasn't how this worked.

His needs had never been a consideration. Not of The Officer's and by his teaching not of Ghost's. His brow furrowed as he swallowed thickly, working through it all, processing it. Trying to decide if it was ok to admit that yes he needed her. He needed her to guide him. He needed her to command him. He needed a purpose beyond the instinctual inclination to stay alive. Ghost knew there was more to life than just going through those basic, primal motions and yet he'd never been allowed to do so. β€œYes,” The wraith whispered in admittance.
you are my sun and i am your moon
helplessly, irrevocably drawn to you
there is nothing i wouldn't do for you
Messages In This Thread
drive my heart into the night - by Buchanan - July 10, 2016, 07:22 PM
RE: drive my heart into the night - by Phiipa - July 11, 2016, 10:40 AM
RE: drive my heart into the night - by Buchanan - July 11, 2016, 12:18 PM
RE: drive my heart into the night - by Phiipa - July 13, 2016, 09:20 AM
RE: drive my heart into the night - by Buchanan - July 13, 2016, 12:46 PM
RE: drive my heart into the night - by Phiipa - July 14, 2016, 05:37 PM
RE: drive my heart into the night - by Buchanan - July 14, 2016, 06:42 PM
RE: drive my heart into the night - by Phiipa - July 14, 2016, 06:55 PM