Silver Creek I can tell you where I'm going but don't ask where I've been
The Laugher
197 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Admittedly, the male was a little stumped at Spring's question. He knew that he'd hunt for his family and protect the from harm, but he hadn't thought about how his own pack might feel about that. After all the trouble Burke had gone to in consoling him, he had to imagine that they would be happy he'd gone back to see the lady of his heart. Still, he answered what he could while he tried to think of an adequate response to what he wasn't so sure about.

"I can hunt for her no matter what pack I am in," he said with certainty, knowing that he could provide what was needed for his mate and their young. He'd hunted in far less plentiful places, and in worse climates than these. "And if it will make her happy, I will stand sentry at the borders while she sleeps."

Could he really join the Creek pack, though? Burke had been so kind to him... but not to Amber. He'd said mean things about Amber. They'd hate him if they knew he'd gone back... if they knew he was wasting his energy here when he could be using it to further their pack. Something cold and unfamiliar grew in Dagfinn's heart, but he was still not ready to relinquish his esteem for the first ones to take him in.

"I cannot join Silver Creek just yet," he said after a moment, speaking to Amber and Spring both. "I have given my allegience to another pack, and they must... they must be notified of my leave."
Messages In This Thread
RE: I can tell you where I'm going but don't ask where I've been - by Dagfinn - October 02, 2016, 08:40 PM