Phoenix Maplewood But I'm here to remind you what's lost is never gone
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Saena countered with cool logic. Wildfire's lips parted as she struggled to come up with a response to that. She understood the sentimental value this place must bear for her half-sister but there was a very good reason why she and her wolves no longer lived here. The Bandrona knew the commander wouldn't appreciate Saena's presence back in this woodland, even if she was just here for a visit. Wildfire didn't want Saena hurt any more than she wanted Thuringwethil upset. All she wanted to do was avoid conflict.

Before she could gather the words to explain this, Saena's entire tone and demeanor rapidly shifted. There was an accusation in her voice and hatred in her eyes. Unaware of the other female's faulty memory, Wildfire could only blink in bewilderment. In a way, she supposed Saena wasn't wrong. Wildfire had been part of Sleeping Dragon at the time, just barely. But Drageda hadn't taken anything, per se, and the Bandrona herself wasn't guilty of any wrongdoing.

"I came with them to talk about a peaceful solution," the yearling defended hastily, "that morning. But you and your wolves were already gone. I was grateful to avoid a war, though I worried about you and your pups, Saena," she said, a little hurt now that Saena's accusation had sunk in to her psyche. "And I'm worried about you being here now. You're possibly putting yourself in danger and starting a conflict with Drageda all over again. I don't really even know the details about what happened—I joined right as they were planning to attack—but just like back then, I don't want a fight."
Messages In This Thread
RE: But I'm here to remind you what's lost is never gone - by Wildfire - November 21, 2016, 10:15 AM