Ravensblood Forest when i've achieved what i set out to achieve
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
[table width=85%][tr][td]
Admittedly, the idea of Gods was an extremely preposterous thing to Arturo who struggled to believe in something that he could neither see nor feel — this was not for his mother's lack of trying, mind — but in lieu of remaining respectful to the beliefs of this young woman he tempered his urge to scoff. Despite his skepticism of any sort of deity, the gangster found himself a bit ...miffed that she so readily and boldly! declared him unworthy to climb the mountains. The prickle of irritation ruffled in his guard hairs, a slight narrow of his eyes but he bid it all back. If he could not believe in any sort of deity then he had no right to be offended when someone called him unworthy of them. In a way, his unwillingness to conform to religion very much made him unworthy. The idea was still silly, to him, but he offered her a terse smile, composed. Business-like. He kept to his silence.

“No,” His silence was broken by his response to her question of his return to Ravenshook Cliffs. The smoky timbre of his accented voice was gruff and final. He had no interest in returning to the Cliffs for numerous reasons, the main being that there was nothing there for him. She spoke words of flattery though Arturo was unsure whether she meant them as such or not, offering that he was either powerful or lucky to have survived his fall. In the months with Riptide that followed after he looked back with a sour taste he had felt like neither. At one point, he'd contemplated putting a permanent end to it all. His bones had remained strong and unbroken but his mind ...his mind had broken and he had not been whole until it had mended itself. Thus he let the deduction up to her.

She offered her services as a “mountain wolf” and for a moment Arturo was contemplative, accepting it and wondering how he could utilize it. As it was, he had meant for a Teaghlaigh wolf to take Chusi up the mountain but Muses accredited herself as a reliable mountain wolf. “I might take you up on that offer,” He drew, thinking his words out. “Do you think you could find a safe path up it?” Whether there was such a thing or not he didn't know. “My daughter desires to climb the mountain but I refuse to let her go alone. She is young, inexperienced and loathe as I am to admit it, careless at times. I told her if I could find a suitable, trustworthy scout to take her and bring her back then she could go.” And he feared that if he did not make good on his promise that Chusi would be careless and go at it herself, inexperienced and naive as she was. That thought scared Arturo more than any other. "Would that be something you could or be willing to do?" He inquired.
[/td][/tr][/table]
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
Messages In This Thread
when i've achieved what i set out to achieve - by Arturo - October 30, 2016, 05:41 AM
RE: when i've achieved what i set out to achieve - by Muses - November 10, 2016, 05:48 PM
RE: when i've achieved what i set out to achieve - by Arturo - November 12, 2016, 05:39 AM
RE: when i've achieved what i set out to achieve - by Muses - November 12, 2016, 03:35 PM
RE: when i've achieved what i set out to achieve - by Arturo - November 15, 2016, 05:32 PM
RE: when i've achieved what i set out to achieve - by Muses - November 15, 2016, 06:45 PM
RE: when i've achieved what i set out to achieve - by Arturo - November 20, 2016, 06:05 AM
RE: when i've achieved what i set out to achieve - by Muses - November 20, 2016, 08:10 PM
RE: when i've achieved what i set out to achieve - by Arturo - November 24, 2016, 06:33 AM
RE: when i've achieved what i set out to achieve - by Muses - December 04, 2016, 01:02 PM
RE: when i've achieved what i set out to achieve - by Arturo - December 11, 2016, 05:50 AM