i gotta have you
<font style="font:10px Georgia;"><em>avatar by cj</em></font>
615 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
<style type="text/css">.jinx {margin:auto; width:600px; text-align:justify;} .jinx q {color:#8B8B59; font-family:Georgia; font-weight:bold;}</style>
Jinx's paws sunk between clovers, bulbous mushrooms, and clumps of moss on the forest floor, but the familiarity of picking her way between tangles of undergrowth and fallen branches was one of the sole comforts of Neverwinter's secluded territory. She felt out of place on the best of days, and uncertain why she should stay on the worst of them; since she had arrived here and thrown her lot in with the pirate pack, Sos' presence had not lingered, and she had had no visions nor haunting whispers in her dreams of his intention. It felt like he wanted her here, in this area… But whatever his intentions for her were beyond that, he wasn't revealing them now.

As she paused at the edge of a well-overgrown clearing that seemed nigh impossible to navigate, she found herself yearning for the ocean. To sink her toes into the sand and let the seawater wash over her legs, to embrace her siblings within the salt-laden Bay… To wander down the coast of the Seahawk and meet with the Siren Queen, Galateia, of the Nereides. She would've given anything for those things now, for the power she had wielded and the connections she had forged, but she was too afraid to return. Too afraid what destruction would come about if she did. She had to settle for brief trips to the deciduous forest of the Heartwood for nostalgia, but she avoided it for the most part; the memories were fresh, raw, and painful.

The pale Surgeon pressed her side against a nest of needles bursting from the nearest white spruce, and she let out a sigh. There were no altars to pray at here, so she couldn't even do that to help herself feel more at home. Without the ocean, she could feel no connection to her Spirit Guide, even though the Porpoise was always with her in one way or another. It, like Sos, was ominpresent and omnipotent, but silent of late. Blinking away her uneasiness and her sadness, Jinx let her hardened gaze wander to a late-season butterfly that was flitting along the far edge of the clearing, its wings flashing iridescent against the backdrop of moss and bark.

She had nowhere to go, so allowed her rump to fall where she stood. She would need to plan something to keep herself busy, but for now, she was content to bask in the green haze of Neverwinter Forest and watch the butterfly flirting with the evergreens.
Messages In This Thread
i gotta have you - by Jinx - August 31, 2013, 06:04 PM
RE: i gotta have you - by Rivet - August 31, 2013, 06:59 PM
RE: i gotta have you - by Jinx - September 06, 2013, 03:18 PM
RE: i gotta have you - by Rivet - September 08, 2013, 03:11 PM
RE: i gotta have you - by Jinx - September 11, 2013, 04:39 PM
RE: i gotta have you - by Rivet - September 13, 2013, 07:33 PM
RE: i gotta have you - by Jinx - September 14, 2013, 07:12 PM
RE: i gotta have you - by Rivet - September 18, 2013, 08:02 PM
RE: i gotta have you - by Jinx - October 03, 2013, 05:58 PM
RE: i gotta have you - by Rivet - October 10, 2013, 09:24 AM