Broken Antler Fen no dark sarcasm in the classroom
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
So surprised was the arctic femme by the gratitude that it nearly stopped her on her slow path towards Aeronwyn. Liri blinked once in surprise before her face was schooled into a calm expression once more.

"You're welcome," Liri mumbled beneath her breath, almost in an abashed manner. At one time she might have insisted that no thanks need be given but that Liri was weak; she had been a shy fool and no longer lived. 

"Yes, sometimes the ice is thin. It's hard to tell at times what lays beneath," she explained softly, more for the sake of talking. It helped to soothe some patients she had known though Aeronwyn didn't seem to be agitated by the small wounds.

Once Aeronwyn had extended her paw, Liri dipped her head; wary at being unable to see the movements around her from the bowed position. Ignoring the sensation, the healer went to work methodically plucking each thorn from Aeronwyn's paw with gentle nips of her teeth. Once all had been removed she gave the paw pad a swipe with her tongue to clean it; the metallic tang of blood on her tongue. 

"It should not get infected, with the snow on the ground. That should keep it clean though I would prescibe herbs in warmer seasons when dirt would get into it," it was perhaps the most Liri had ever said to any of the Fen wolves. She offered the woman a small smile of reassurance, taking the chance to finally study her.She avoided looking at people too closely these days but in such close proximity it was near impossible.

Aeronwyn was slender, made of a more willowy build than her own stocky northern frame. She was beautiful in a graceful, refined sort of way that made Liri vaguely jealous. She was nearly as scarred, if not as scarred, as Liri though she wore hers more like tokens of valor. They shared the same pale pelt but that seemed to be where the similarities stopped. Aeronwyn was something beyond Liri; that at one point the femme would have longed desperately to be despite never being able to.

Realizing suddenly that she was still rather close and openly staring; Liri scuttled back a bit to give Aeronwyn some space. "My apologies," Liri muttered, shaking her head at herself just a bit.

Her eyes flitted to the edge of the woods like restless birds. Should the conversation end there, Liri would dissapear into the woods and snow like the ghost she was nicknamed to be.  

"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

Messages In This Thread
no dark sarcasm in the classroom - by Aeronwyn - January 23, 2017, 08:16 PM
RE: no dark sarcasm in the classroom - by Síff - January 23, 2017, 09:57 PM
RE: no dark sarcasm in the classroom - by Aeronwyn - January 25, 2017, 08:06 PM
RE: no dark sarcasm in the classroom - by Síff - January 25, 2017, 08:26 PM
RE: no dark sarcasm in the classroom - by Aeronwyn - January 25, 2017, 09:50 PM
RE: no dark sarcasm in the classroom - by Síff - January 25, 2017, 10:05 PM
RE: no dark sarcasm in the classroom - by Aeronwyn - January 28, 2017, 11:14 AM
RE: no dark sarcasm in the classroom - by Síff - January 28, 2017, 11:31 AM