Dragoncrest Cliffs i was born a dreamer
warbringer
454 Posts
Ooc — romanova
Guardian
Tactician
[table width=85%][tr][td]
Eske does not expect him to have an actual answer for her when she asks her question but it is a question that she cannot help but ask anyway if only because it helps, some, at taking her mind off of the constricting walls around her. The bump of Arlo’s shoulder against hers startles her some and she struggles between wanting to be her rude self and moving away sharply from his touch or hesitantly accepting it as a sign of companionship. She could easily claim that she does not like being touched by wolves she does not know well but that isn’t true. She welcomes Kendra’s touches and she does not know her very well. At the end, Eske accepts his shoulder bump of comradeship with low noise instead of trying to pick it and how she feels about it apart. He is only trying to offer her comfort for she does not doubt that he can feel the tension rolling off of her in waves. She makes no attempt to hide her unease and discomfort at the confined space but she is the captain of her own ship and she is determined to stare down her fear and attempt to conquer it even if it is only for this moment.

As the tunnel constricts and forces the pair into a single follow line she draws in a deep, ragged breath of damp earth and stone but she pushes forward, keeping her pace steady and quick but reminds herself not to step too quick. The stones are slick with slime moss and condensation and as they are untravelled by herself and Arlo she is not sure what awaits them or how treacherous they might truly be. “I hope they lead to a back way out of Drageda.” She comments to Arlo though it is mostly because she desires to see the light of day again and breathe in fresh air before she is forced to go back the way she came. “It might be helpful if we are ever in a disaster to have a …safe, secret way to evacuate.” The eruption of Sleeping Dragon has left the possibility in Eske’s mind. “but,” She draws in another breath, this one harder than the last as she tries to power through the feeling of suffocation that she knows is only in her mind. “it might also compromise Drageda…if other wolves would happen to discover it.” Which presented a problem, admittedly.
[/td][/tr][/table]
roangeda · green-lit

trigedasleng
— your hands are wet with the blood
of an empire. you lick it off.
Messages In This Thread
i was born a dreamer - by Arlo - January 14, 2017, 08:23 PM
RE: i was born a dreamer - by RIP Blodreina - January 15, 2017, 06:04 AM
RE: i was born a dreamer - by Arlo - January 16, 2017, 09:48 PM
RE: i was born a dreamer - by RIP Blodreina - January 18, 2017, 02:37 PM
RE: i was born a dreamer - by Arlo - February 11, 2017, 08:37 PM
RE: i was born a dreamer - by RIP Blodreina - February 26, 2017, 09:55 AM