Dragoncrest Cliffs Our hearts beat as one, butterfly
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
She sensed the question coming before Thuringwethil even opened her mouth. Wildfire knew she had the worst poker face. She stiffened slightly, then forced herself to relax and breathe. She took a few moments to ponder the question, then nod and say, "Yeah. I'm just a little tired and overwhelmed, I think." Finally, she lifted her gaze to meet her mate's. She managed a faint twitch of her lips.

The Bandrona then quietly resumed her bathing, making sure to wash each pup from top to bottom, mindless of the strange smells and tastes involved. It all boiled down to instinct and while she was lacking in the emotions department—maybe she had spent all her joy during the pregnancy somehow? was that sort of thing finite?—she nonetheless still felt a drive to care for and protect the pups. That was something of a relief.

She mulled in silence as she finished up this task, then when all four babes were pressed up tightly to her belly, either feeding or sleeping, she mused wryly, "I think... I feel like I might have a pregnancy hangover." She huffed a dry laugh. "I'm sure it'll pass," she said, trying to reassure herself as much as Thuringwethil.
Messages In This Thread
Our hearts beat as one, butterfly - by Wildfire - March 20, 2017, 09:47 AM
RE: Our hearts beat as one, butterfly - by Antumbra - March 20, 2017, 12:57 PM
RE: Our hearts beat as one, butterfly - by Wildfire - March 20, 2017, 03:07 PM
RE: Our hearts beat as one, butterfly - by Blixen - March 20, 2017, 05:57 PM
RE: Our hearts beat as one, butterfly - by Antumbra - March 21, 2017, 08:17 PM
RE: Our hearts beat as one, butterfly - by Wildfire - March 21, 2017, 08:38 PM
RE: Our hearts beat as one, butterfly - by Blixen - March 23, 2017, 05:04 AM
RE: Our hearts beat as one, butterfly - by Antumbra - March 25, 2017, 10:06 AM
RE: Our hearts beat as one, butterfly - by Wildfire - March 26, 2017, 11:46 AM
RE: Our hearts beat as one, butterfly - by Blixen - March 26, 2017, 06:56 PM
RE: Our hearts beat as one, butterfly - by Antumbra - March 26, 2017, 07:22 PM